Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: A700 vs D7

A700 vs D7

I am still getting used to the A700, and I am figuring out the settings I like. At first I wasn't sure about the focusing because of all the things you read, but I don't see a problem. The v4 service pack helps alot. Here is an image from the A700 on the top and the 7D on the bottom.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Sorry, you lost me a bit there.
    What focussing problems?
    Is that the Minolta D7?
    What lens were you using?

I read in several places that the A700 focus was not very good. So I was very hesitant about this camera. Maybe it was the lens kit. I don't know, but I am very pleased with the results I am getting from it.

I don't know what you read but forget it, the A700 doesn't have a focussing problem.
    You may find a problem in low light using a lens with a small maximum aperture (f5.6, f6.3) but that will give most AF systems a problem.
    Having said that, the picture of the Eagle(?) is not all that sharp. What lens were you using and what XIF?

I know, the caracara shot was focused more on its back instead of its face. I took the shot and before I could get the next one he was in the air.
    Focal Length: 400mm
    Aperature: F5.6
    Shutter: 1/125

Here is another attempt as it flew past. Same data.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

some a700s do have a BF FF issue. I think mine has a BF issue. I'll have to make sure first with all my lenses before exchanging.
    There are 3 hex screws at the base of the camera that can be used to align the AF sensor. But you'll have to peel off the sticker first which would void your warranty.
    This issue is discussed in photoclubalpha, dyxum and dynaxdigital.
    Last edited by Elisha; 03-15-2009 at 07:50 AM.
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Thanks, I'll have to check that out.