Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got me an a700!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    congrats elisha ! hope this works out better for you.
    thanks Rooz. i only got this cause the old one surprisingly sold.
    what i need is more time behind the OVF.
    doubt the a700 is gonna make me a better photographer but it sure as hell is purdy.

btw even the menus are quite different compared to the a300.
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    That's a great price!

Gosh Ryan, we ought to have Elisha do our camera, buying, eh? That's sizable savings. What can you get the A900 w/ grip for? LOL
    Well the thing about Canada is the taxes. In Toronto, GST and PST add up to ~12-15% (forgot exactly), so it's not quite as good of a deal as you may think buying it locally. Henry's doesn't ship SONY to the US, but another retailer might.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha82 View Post
    see i know what i did wrong but at the same time somewhere at the back of my mind i thought to myself that the a700 has 11 AF points as opposed to the 9 that the a300 had. so i left it at wide area focus hoping that it will use more focus points and get more objects in focus.
    obviously i was wrong. so lesson learned here

btw what do you mean by center weighted? is that not for metering? i used matrix today but i use spot quite a bit when needed but i have yet to use center weighted average.
    Yeah, sorry center-weighted metering.

The 11 point AF would help but I think they're all concentrated really close to the center so it still is a hit and miss and they are spread out so the variation in focus can be large depending on your subject.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

yeah taxes are 13% here. i think Henry's will not ship outside Canada cause Sony Canada offers 2 years warranty.
    same as Nikon Canada.

Aden or Downtown Camera may ship to US. if you are serious, i can call them up on Monday and find out for you!
    you'll save the tax but you may get hit for duty unless they ship via CanadaPost.
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha82 View Post
    yeah taxes are 13% here. i think Henry's will not ship outside Canada cause Sony Canada offers 2 years warranty.
    same as Nikon Canada.

Aden or Downtown Camera may ship to US. if you are serious, i can call them up on Monday and find out for you!
    you'll save the tax but you may get hit for duty unless they ship via CanadaPost.
    CanadaPost shouldn't incur any fees. But thanks for the offer. I'm still shopping around.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Personally, if SONY did a 30% DSLR camera and lens price reduction, across the board ... they'd have a rush like nothing else. People are just waitin' ...
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Personally, if SONY did a 30% DSLR camera and lens price reduction, across the board ... they'd have a rush like nothing else. People are just waitin' ...
    Yup, wouldn't that be nice. That sale right before Christmas was a good start but then things went right back up to everyone's disappointment. With those discounts on whatever they had marked down, prices were more 'fair.'
    flickr

Congrats Elisha I am sure you will be happy and have lots of fun with the A700, Mkae sure you have upgraded everything from online. The menue options and custom settings seem almost endless and at times unfathomable LOL! The second image in your second post, Amish buggy going down the lane with Amish boys on the fence line, WOW, I live in the heart of the largest Amish / Menonite community in the world!
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

I like the next one. One man and his Dog.

LOL that big bone is likely his afternoon snack, My beasts are laying here beside me each one working on a smoked ham bone, lucky if they make it through the night! the crunch and crack and pops are kind of annoying at times LOL.
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

here's another of the big ole bastard:

Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR