Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Did the beard give him away?

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulff View Post
    Poor old Rooz...

Like a moth to a flame every time... guaranteed!

You just don't get it do you mate LOL!

Cheers
    dont get what exactly ? i dont understand what point you were trying to make. perhaps you could be clearer and keep it in context of the OP.
    D800e l V1 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l EP5 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Yes, that would be the plan. When you are hiking through the woods ... locations a bit off the beaten path, so to speak, you take what you can. If you can "get the shot" ... more power to you.

Although, CDI, you could enumerate what qualifies for "on location." Carrying a hundred pounds of lighting hardware is a dedicated effort for almost anyone. Not to even factor in the lead/acid batteries as supply. How about the sun and some zip-disks ... that's backpackable!
    even a proper strobe lighting stand would be lighter than that monopod though Don. indoors i use ebay lighting stands and they are very light and much more stable than that. in the field i use really cheap $20 ryco tripods i got off ebay and bungee cords to attach to branches and anything else i can find. cheap, light and most important of all, using tripod legs means that on location i can adjust for sloping ground and vairable heights, sit it over rocks or any other obstructions etc
    D800e l V1 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l EP5 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

It is an option for using your tripod-footed monopod. Use whatever you want. There are no rules. Just offered as very strong suggestions that have work for me. I have a number STRONG suggestions, Mr. 'Rooz' ...
    Last edited by DonSchap; 03-13-2009 at 08:16 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi