Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

View Poll Results: What zoom(s) is(are) in your bag?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • No TAMRON Zoom

1 14.29%
  • SP AF 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di-II LD (IF)

0 0%
  • SP AF 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6 Di-II LD Aspherical (IF)

0 0%
  • SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II LD Aspherical (IF)

3 42.86%
  • AF 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di-II LD Aspherical (IF)

2 28.57%
  • SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di-II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro

1 14.29%
  • AF 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro

0 0%
  • SP AF 70-200mm f/2.8 Di LD Macro

4 57.14%
  • AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

4 57.14%
  • SP AF 200-500mm f/5-6.3 Di LD (IF)

2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

TAMRON Zooms Minolta/SONY mount

This survey is find out what popular TAMRON Zoom lenses are being used on the various SONY offerings that you have in use.

Your participation is requested to kind of get a feel for what TAMRON lenses the forum members are actively choosing to use on their DSLR cameras. There has been a serious reduction in availability of late, as some lenses have been discontinued, only to be included, now, in the SONY line.

Thank you for your participation
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Tamorn 200-400mm

I have a Tamron zoom but it is an older one that is not on your list. It is a 200-400mm. The photo that I have in the photo of the day thread of the rosette spoonbill was taken with it. While it is not the greatest lens in the world, it has been there for some shots that I like alot.

Smile a Tamron fan for a while

I used to have a couple of unlisted Di models too.. but I sold off their 28-200 XR Di plus 17-35 Di (plus the kit lens) to get the amazing 18-250. I miss that lowest mm now and then, but otherwise it was a great trade for better optics and a lighter bag!
    JimR - gear list changes daily
    http://picasaweb.google.com/alphaPDX

The is a limit of ten options for the survey, so I listed some of the newer stuff. You certainly can elaborate in the thread for your particular zoom.

Thanks
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

oh look ! another tamron poll.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Red face Cannot keep them down ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    oh look ! another tamron poll.
    Do you not think it would be kind of kooky to ask who is using Nikon-glass on their SONY DSLR? Or Canon-glass ... or Pentax-glass or Olympus-glass?

I have to give you credit 'Rooz' ... you certainly know how participate. Thanks for adding to the excitement.

The last poll expired ... and we now have five new members to the forum. Here's an idea: Buy yourself an A700 and join right in.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 02-25-2009 at 08:04 PM.

flickr & Sdi

i'm sure i'll see one of the following from you in the next week:
    • introduce yourself
    • what tamron lens
    • why did you buy a sony dslr

and i know what i wont see from you in the next week
    • a photo
    carry on as you were Don.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Kind of lame shooting these days ... we are in the middle of some of the crappiest weather for the next two months. I suppose you can laugh, coming off summer and all.

When things green up a little and trees return to something other than trunks with sticks poking out of them ... yeah, stand by, Mr. Australia

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Kind of lame shooting these days ... we are in the middle of some of the crappiest weather for the next two months. I suppose you can laugh, coming off summer and all.

When things green up a little and trees return to something other than trunks with sticks poking out of them ... yeah, stand by, Mr. Australia
    Well, I look forward to your pictures!

But, there's really nothing to shoot at all?

Must be something interesting!
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Well, I've been spending the week doing electrical work in the house. It is hard to get away with an electrician running around.

I know that sounds lame, but the truth is not always pretty. I was going to shoot the Chicago Auto Show, last week, but after doing it for the past two years ... it lost something ... for all the hassle. People in the damn way ... cost ... cold ... it just becomes too much.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 02-25-2009 at 08:57 PM.

flickr & Sdi