Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

View Poll Results: What kind of SONY/Minolta SLR/DSLR are you using?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • A100

6 17.14%
  • A200

7 20.00%
  • A300

6 17.14%
  • A350

8 22.86%
  • A700

7 20.00%
  • A900

3 8.57%
  • Ax00 - New Model

0 0%
  • Minolta 35mm-film SLR (please specify model in thread)

3 8.57%
  • Minolta DSLR (please specify model in thread)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seanhoxx View Post
    Tom, depending where in Indiana Don and I could sneek in on ya from both sides LOL.
    Do you know where Muncie is?
    Sony α900
    Zeiss 16-35mm f/2.8, Zeiss 24-70mm f/2.8, Sony 70-200 F/2.8 G, Sony 100mm F/2.8 Macro

Well ... 22 SONY Cameras ... we should have some solid contribution levels with that kind of stated representation. As Dr4gon would most likely say, "Post 'em on POTD!"

Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Yeah, put em up. I (we) would all like to see your best shots (~1/day)
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

What if I don't have good shots! are mediocore ones o.k. LOL
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

Cool Getting well-defined ...

Well ... when I checked the title ... it said "SONY DSLR Photograph of the Day" and didn't qualify it. I think you are safe ...except from 'Rooz' ... our favorite Nikonian has got his magnifying glass and scalpel at the ready
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

lol I don't mind the C&C and don't even mind getting cut up or down. See I KNOW I still take bad shots, someday I want to become a photographer instead of a picture taker, but so fer it makes me happy, and I'm having fun. Just don't tell me my images make you want to hurl, and you wouldn't let your dogs eat it afterwards LOL.

I would hope we could be a little better to one another than that. But it is an Obama-nation. You never know what you are going to get. Just wait a day, it'll change ... AGAIN! Just ask Wall Street.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Well ... 22 SONY Cameras ... we should have some solid contribution levels with that kind of stated representation. As Dr4gon would most likely say, "Post 'em on POTD!"
    I agree, get posting, we won't bite you (might give you a bit of a nip). POTD is about sharing your better pics with other keen users of the Sony System and perhaps being inspired by other posts.

Quote Originally Posted by seanhoxx View Post
    What if I don't have good shots! are mediocore ones o.k. LOL
    I know this is "tongue in cheek", Sean, but I think it depends, to an extent, upon your level of experience and perception. The fact that you recognise a shot as mediocre means you don't post it unless you're not sure why it's mediocre. In which case you may get feedback to point you in the right direction. An experienced user may suffer harsher criticism than a "newbie".

I think an important part of POTD is that the more experienced offer help and advice to other members. I should say that any constructive criticism is always well intentioned and not meant as a put down, after all, we all need to learn somehow and I'm not too proud to admit that I'm still learning; digital is a whole new world for me. I wish this sort of discussion forum had been available when I started, it would have saved me an awful lot of money learning the hard way.

Your right on the money Peter, yes most of that was tongue in cheek, but also based on fact, Lots of stuff I post is just for the fun of it, to put it up, for that I mostly start a new thread. In POTD and threads where posting a image is a response to the thread i want need and hope to get C&C and suggestions, advice, comments, and even seeing what others can do by playing around with a image, and this applies to mine and to others. by looking reading watching and following up I feel I have learned a huge amount of photo knowledge from here. Now I need to continue on and try and apply that knowledge, practice practice, and then some more. And I think everyone has something they can share or teach here with the others.

Cool Intent ... just being there!

We could think of this as an "intercontinental photo club" and just enjoy sharing what we can, when we can. The SONY DSLR forum is growing substantially and I feel pretty confident that the "good will" we all seem to express in mutual support is contagious.

Personally, I want to say "Thank you all for participating ... and making this a lot more substantial."

By analyzing and reassessing the tools of this process, I have truly enjoyed using my camera a "grunch" more. Even 'Rooz' has made me realize that I need to pay more attention to my enthusiasm and not let blind me that there are some sensitive blokes on this board.

But, then again, SONY DSLRs are our focus, so to speak! Whatever we can do to make them work better, more efficiently and with less effort ... that can be a good thing. The idea is getting out product that has good composition, clearly depicted and ... punch! To that end ... we give it our best shot. So say we all!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 03-09-2009 at 10:37 PM.

flickr & Sdi