Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by laydros View Post
    Whats the deal with the lenses? I know the D40/60 can only AF with AF-S lenses, but I read somewhere that they can work really old lenses, even ones that the D70 and some others couldn't.

What are the different "generations" of F-mount that determine this stuff?
    The D200/300 can meter older AI-S lenses. I don't know much more about it.
    Nikon D300 | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 | Nikkor AF-S 70-300mm VR | Nikkor AF 35mm f/2 D | SB-600 | Lowepro Voyager C | Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW

For Sale:
    Nikkor AF 35mm f/2 D - Like New (FX compatible)

Wish List
    Nikkor AF-S 17-55 f/2.8
    Nikkor AF-S 70-200 f/4 VRII
    Tokina AF 11-16 f/2.8
    SB-900 (2)
    Umbrellas
    New Tripod

definitely will upgrade when the funding permits. my car got broken into on Saturday and about $700 worth of stuff got stolen plus the body damage and the driver side window got smashed.
    Insurance is not covering the theft and only the damage so i'm not a happy camper!
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Oh my ... sounds like an upgrade should be scheduled in your future, 'Elisha'. When the A700 was announced ... it went straight to the pre-order list ... and shipped when available. The vertical grip came about a month later. Put together, that camera was most impressive. Even the guys down at the Canon/Nikon shoppe were a little startled to see such attention to ergonomic detail.

As I compare the Minolta Maxxum 9000 with its BP90 and MD90 power drive stack ... and then see the A700 w/ the VG-C70AM ... the improvements in just the grip, alone, are awesome.
    It's funny to get reactions in the camera shop. Most of them are Canon/Nikon owners, but all kinda say "Wow, A300, thats a very cool camera." When I was in Wolf today a guy was in there getting mad at one of the photo processing machines, but he was yakking with the clerk about cameras, and was talking about how cool the Sony's were. I don't know if he noticed I was fondling an A700, or he just said it out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha82 View Post
    definitely will upgrade when the funding permits. my car got broken into on Saturday and about $700 worth of stuff got stolen plus the body damage and the driver side window got smashed.
    Insurance is not covering the theft and only the damage so i'm not a happy camper!
    Gosh, that sucks. It is such a pain to deal with a car that has been broken into, even without considering the loss of $700 worth of stuff.
    Jason Hamilton
    Selective Frame

EOS 5D - Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 35 f/2, EF 50mm f/1.8 Mk II, EF 70-210 f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro, Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 (with EOS adapter), 430EX, Canon S90
    Nikon FE - Nikkor 35mm f/2 AI'd, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AI, Nikkor 105mm f/2.5 AI, F to EF adapter, 2xVivitar 285, other lighting stuff
    Mamiya C220 - 80mm f/2.8

Gear List flickr

Red face The tide shifts ...

Off topic, of course, but as Sean can tell you ... security in today's economy is becoming more of an issue than ever before. People are becoming jobless, making the prior jobless even more desperate. There is not enough "easy to purloin" stuff, any more ... it already got purloined. I suspect home invasion to go up, too. I can only hope that people arm accordingly and deal out some "in-the-home" justice. That may ease the pain of just going on, also.

Name:  28mm-APS-C-Equivalent.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  441.1 KB

In home solution to the advancing tide of "What's yours is now mine."

"Uh, no, it's not." This is my optical solution to the problem.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 02-23-2009 at 07:29 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

jason, i sent you a PM cos its too easy to ruffle the feathers of the some of the delicate little petals in here. one thing i would urge you to consider before doing anything is be clear on why you are considering switching.
    D800e l V1 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l EP5 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

In home solution to the advancing tide of "What's yours is now mine."

"Uh, no, it's not." This is my optical solution to the problem.
    yeah, write that up on the prison wall to remind you when you're doing life.
    D800e l V1 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l EP5 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

You may walk in a portrait-orientation, but if uninvited, you're leaving in a landscape version. That's the way we roll, in America.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

That's the way we roll, in America.
    how appealing.
    flickr

We have a few more "happy folks" to deal with here ... sometimes you just need to remind them WHERE the line is, when they forget. Gated communities are not the way we should roll ... that is for Las Vegas.

flickr & Sdi

Lets all take a deep breath before the thread gets locked down, we can share 'hardline' opinions or other views in emails. We are about one click from turning this good thread into a political, social, geo centric stew. All I will say is as with anything else, a multi tiered approach / response is required, Think, use common sense, safety, security, defense, offense. the other guy will always make the choice ast to what my next response will be.
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/