Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    thats what i was wondering...mine still hasn't arrived ;-(

I had ordered mine on the 9th ... and it is now the 21st ... so, do the math.

We have several bird feeders ... along the side of the house, but the birds actually have scouts they set up that watch and alert them to approaching danger. So, when I try and get in there for a couple of shots, they are gone gone gone. This will be a cool alternative and we shall see what happens. It is kind of arbitrary, just randomly taking images and hoping.

Name:  200mm-cardinal-crop.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  319.8 KB

I probably could chance using a USB cable, a pair USB repeaters and another USB cable, too ... and the A700 software to just remote control the shots from my laptop (or, in this particular case ... my desktop!), as these repeaters can be up to 165-ft (50m) apart. connected by a standard Ethernet cable. That's a darn good run of cable. At least then I'd have more control that just the shutter and focus. I mean you cannot automatically zoom with the software, obviously, and you do not have any method of live view, but you do see the captured image instantly, after you snap.

All things in their time, I suppose.

'SONYNUT', just curious ... with the A900, can you make use of that unique "pre-image" capability through the remote control software? I guess it doesn't really make much difference at that point, you still cannot see live action without the viewfinder. Obviously, USB-LiveView could be rather handy in this kind of situation.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 02-21-2009 at 04:40 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr® & Sdi

don't use it..with digital who needs a pre image anyway..lol..not like your wasting film..

Well ... when you get the Pre-image ... you can quickly and dynamically see what happens to the exposure by changing some settings, like aperture, shutter speed, DRO ... that kind of thing. I kind of wish it allowed for ISO, but they didn't do that ... because, I believe it messes up the sensor's bias and you wind up needing to redo the pre-view anyway.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr® & Sdi

Don, how much did you pay (shipped) for that aputure remote? It seems like a different brand then the one in the ebay link.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

I ordered from Gadget Infinity and paid $39.95 ... and $14 for shipping. I also bought a SLAVE flash trigger for current SONY/Minolta hotshoe, a FS-1100 & FS-1200 hot shoe converter. I figured I'd get all the loose stuff at the same time.

flickr® & Sdi

I ORDERED A Phottix® Nikos S6 digital timer remote switch..
    Last edited by SONYNUT; 02-21-2009 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SONYNUT View Post
    I ORDERED A Phottix® Nikos S6 digital timer remote switch..
    That's a different remote from the aputure r1 ones. Post pictures and let us know how it goes!
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

I liked it because the cord unplugs and i can use it for other applications

Quote Originally Posted by SONYNUT View Post
    I liked it because the cord unplugs and i can use it for other applications
    Did you order from ebay?

If I get the Sony one, any idea where I could get just the cables for say the other plugs (Panasonic, Canon, etc..?)
    flickr