Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The view from the viewfinder alone was just about enough to make me buy an a900.
    Sony α900
    Zeiss 16-35mm f/2.8, Zeiss 24-70mm f/2.8, Sony 70-200 F/2.8 G, Sony 100mm F/2.8 Macro

That and the "Image Preview" was quite an effective attention-getter, to me. $2000 more ... did little.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

think it was the 16-something..

i took a bunch of shots..i also didnt like the review of the pictures.. they all showed up as blurry...the nikon was clear.. i was realy disapointed.. not to mention they were unwilling to deal...if it was going to cost me another 200 bucks in tax i may as well wait two days and order online..no tax free shipping..unfortunatly there aren't to many camera stores around here

Again, you have to be careful what lens is mounted. The α900 opens all new avenues of use. Personally, a little more care and reading might serve you well in this instance. When I went in to see it, it was a novel experience teaching the sales guy how to make better use of it. Blurry images was not anything I saw, but then I had mounted a SONY 100mm f/2.8 MACRO on it. I really should go back in, with the TAMRON SP AF 70-200mm f/2.8 Di LD MACRO and see what falls out as far as focusing speed and Image Quality in the corners. I hear the SONY 70-200mm f/2.8 G SSM has some issues with those corners, on the α900.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 02-05-2009 at 01:43 PM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

hey buy online from Canada, you'll save quite a bit. it's about $2,300 USD - $2,400 USD.
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Are you talking about Henry's, Elisha?

flickr & Sdi

the sales people were pretty unresponsive to anything...it was like pulling teeth to try anything..

Simon's Camera. it is back in stock. or you can pick it up locally in Montreal.
    Shipping is $34.95 CDN. so total with shipping would be $2,834.90 CDN which is $2,300.43 USD.
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

There you go, SONYNUT ...

flickr & Sdi

A big reason why I chose the A700 over the A350 was the brighter viewfinder.
    The A900 is even better by all accounts.
    You have to wonder at the incompetence of the Vendor Store.