Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    I was able to take this photo based on what i learned here oon this forum not a great shot but the conditions were horrible i shot it in m mode with my 50 mm took it at f1.4 iso 1600 lots of noise but it was wild i had about 30 secs to decide what settins to use it was cool.
    Sony A350
    Sony 18-250mm Lens
    Sony 50mm f1.4
    F42AM flash

also this one i did the exposure hold, did the spot thing and took the shot i think -1 exposure really sunny out.
    Sony A350
    Sony 18-250mm Lens
    Sony 50mm f1.4
    F42AM flash

again conditions crappy would never got it pulled off without advice from here

Sony A350
    Sony 18-250mm Lens
    Sony 50mm f1.4
    F42AM flash

You are definitely showing the A350 crowd that a DSLR can get the goods. Most excellent, Millz. I look forward to the day you move up to the A700 .. and produce with all the options it will offer you.

Big thumbs up!
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

TY Don, makes me feel good knowing im actually doing what im told and putting this advice to use. Ive actually made an effort to try what you guys say each day. What will the A700 allow me to do that my camera is not capable of.
    Sony A350
    Sony 18-250mm Lens
    Sony 50mm f1.4
    F42AM flash

Well ...

You can use much higher ISOs with the A700 ... with a possible top of ISO6400. Coupled with some of the techniques we have explored on the forum, you can get some really low light results that are ... well, better than what you can at this time with the A350.

There are functionalities and customizations that offer some exciting results.

Also, HDR ... while manually doable on the A100, A200, A300, A350 are more automatic and convenient with the A700's rev. 4 with the -2EV, EV & +2EV continuous imaging drive mode.

I'm sure there is something I have missed ... but once you get an A700 ... you'll find them. That's part of the adventure.

I suspect if you taken that "Pirates of the Caribbean - Cap'n Jack" image with the HDR mode, it may have been quite a bit more "lit" ... but, that's hard to say. I know you were probably moving right along, but it might have been worth a try ... or 2.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 02-05-2009 at 08:02 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

It's good to see someone getting something positive from the constructive criticism offered here, so well done to you Millz.
    The sooner one gets to grips with the mechanics of Photography until it becomes second nature, the sooner one is free to exploit creative talents and take real images.
    Digital has made the process much easier, as have Forums like this. Back in the old days, and I started with a Box Brownie (courtesy of Grandad) which had seen action at El Alemein and the Western Desert, you had to wait for the film to come back from processing before you could "look and learn". With Digital you can see the result immediately and take corrective action and with the help of the "Forum" the learning curve can be much shorter. Good thing too!
    As for stepping up to the A700, tempting as it may be, perhaps you should thoroughly explore the A350 and think about new "glass" first.

no shots today in auto mode. still cant believe im starting to understand this stuff.
    Sony A350
    Sony 18-250mm Lens
    Sony 50mm f1.4
    F42AM flash

cant believe the detail under the conditions......
    Sony A350
    Sony 18-250mm Lens
    Sony 50mm f1.4
    F42AM flash

Sony A350
    Sony 18-250mm Lens
    Sony 50mm f1.4
    F42AM flash