I wrote directly to SONY's Customer service about this issue with SONY Style stores, here in Chicago ...

Customer (Don Schap) 01/25/2009 09:14 PM
I was recently in the SONY Style store in Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg, IL ... looking to check out several lenses for purchase. The store did not have a single high-end lens to evaluate. Not one!

Now, they had a $3000 A900 DSLR available, but not one decent quality lens to mount on it. I'm sorry, but I and many of my friends and neighbors in a big city like Chicago are not willing to plunk down $1700 for a lens if I cannot even try it in the store. I sincerely suggest you expand the inventory to include all these higher-end lenses for simple evaluation. I can only assume it would improve your sales of these items, in these tight-cash times, and prove the quality of the A900 with something a bit useful mounted on it than a 100mm f/2.8 MACRO lens.

Also, a bit more floor assistance would be nice, also.

and got an email back:

"Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If you require any further assistance, please reply to this email within 2 weeks.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you."

Subject
High-end lens at SONY Style Stores (Chicago)

Discussion Thread
Response (Devon) 01/28/2009 11:05 AM
Hello,

Your comments and suggestions enable us to continuously improve and they will be reviewed by the appropriate departments empowered to implement them as appropriate.

Regards,

Devon
Sony Style Concierge
www.sonystyle.com

Personally, if you guys are serious ... you would write an email, also. If they get enough of them, someone at Customer Support might just get a clue about marketing.

Here's the email address ... have at it!

"Sony Style Customer Care" <sonystyle@custhelp.com>