Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    But Rooz ... we're not interested in moving any Nikons in this forum, last time I checked. Wait ...

(sudden rush of air, as Don opens the forum door and checks the title. There is a subsequent SLAM and footsteps, as Don walks back in)

Yes ... still the SONY DSLR forum. The Nikon DSLR forum is up the list a ways. Thanks, anyway.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    But Rooz ... we're not interested in moving any Nikons in this forum, last time I checked. Wait ...

(sudden rush of air, as Don opens the forum door and checks the title. There is a subsequent SLAM and footsteps, as Don walks back in)

Yes ... still the SONY DSLR forum. The Nikon DSLR forum is up the list a ways. Thanks, anyway.
    i wasnt suggesting for anyone to move to a nikon dslr. i've never done that in this forum. there are some guys quite happy with their SONY choice and good luck to them. they take fine shots. you on the other hand cannot say the same given your peddling of sony and tamron everywhere on this site.

but...i call BS when i see it...and you sir, were bullshitting.
    D800e l V1 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l EP5 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Obviously, you are in need of a SONY infusion of new products. Okay ... PMA 09 ... let's just see who has what.

BTW: What good is a Nikon lens if ... you cannot get one?
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

This is a long freakin for sale thread! For everyone wondering what he is switching to, I'm fairly certain that it is Nikon, as he has been using my D90 from time to time and its a very nice camera. You guys get pretty intense with your brand arguing, my only negative with sony is the lack of lenses to try out, and it seems like the equivalent lenses from Nikon or Canon are cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by GotTurbos? View Post
    This is a long freakin for sale thread! For everyone wondering what he is switching to, I'm fairly certain that it is Nikon, as he has been using my D90 from time to time and its a very nice camera. You guys get pretty intense with your brand arguing, my only negative with sony is the lack of lenses to try out, and it seems like the equivalent lenses from Nikon or Canon are cheaper.
    lol you two have such similar names.....

Some are cheaper, some are not. Nikon/Canon don't have ZA (Zeiss AF) lenses though.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

I say "lock the thread" ... it is kind of pointless and meandering.

flickr & Sdi

Obviously, you are in need of a SONY infusion of new products. Okay ... PMA 09 ... let's just see who has what.

BTW: What good is a Nikon lens if ... you cannot get one?
    no need to wait Don. i've already told you what sony is bringing out next. from this point on, Sony will be making small incremental improvments. the exact same way that canon did when you screamed blue murder that they never made any massive steps between models.

the only thing i see Sony doing before anyone else is a proper flip screen. the sooner they do it the better cos thtas the only thing that will push those lazy bastards at CaNikon to make this no-brainer of a feature.

not quite understanding the comment about Nikon lens' either...so i'll let it slide right on by.
    D800e l V1 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l EP5 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Rooz, you really do not want me going to my local Nikon shoppe and getting the scoop. Rarely has it been a pleasant tale. All these manufacturers have run roughshod over the customer base and, angrily, I am getting sick of it.

I suppose you may want to deal with this kind of treatment, but I came to PLAY! Defend the indefensible, if you must ... but, I suggest you find a home for it in the Nikon homeland. I've got plenty to deal with in SONY's backyard.

flickr & Sdi

Rooz, you really do not want me going to my local Nikon shoppe and getting the scoop. Rarely has it been a pleasant tale. All these manufacturers have run roughshod over the customer base and, angrily, I am getting sick of it.

I suppose you may want to deal with this kind of treatment, but I came to PLAY! Defend the indefensible, if you must ... but, I suggest you find a home for it in the Nikon homeland. I've got plenty to deal with in SONY's backyard.
    by all means go to any nikon shop...may do you good. check my sig though, does it sem to you i have any problems getting hold of top end glass ?

i think you get way too worked up about such things. if you want a lens, order it. whats the big deal ? you still havent explained why you think it would make a difference if you had it in the shop or not. pls explain what "testing" you would do in store that would sway your decision one way or the other ?

far be it from me to defend any manufacturer but in this case, i dont see what your issue with them is. what exactly are you asking for ? every manufacturer to stock every retailer with all of their premium glass ? it would be too expensive for manufacturers AND for retailers to do this.

when you get into "rant mode" you make no sense cos this is just nonsense. we all know why your in such a foul mood, its cos you're a700 has busted a couple of times. it'll be back soon and hopefully we will be graced again byu your unbiased, sunny disposition. lol
    flickr

Rooz ... I spent the better part of a day, just lurking in the SONY Style store, just to see who was buying what. Of the three people, during that time, that asked to look at the A900, two asked for a high-end lens to test it with. Okay, fine ... no lens, no sale.

Four people asked to see the A700 ... one specifically asked for the CZ 85mm f/1.4 to go with it. No lens ... no sale.

Of the several lesser cameras ... no one asked to see any of the high-end glass. They seemed to be content with the kit lenses and the 18-200/250 that was on the shelf.

Now, I was only in there for about four hours, discussing different aspects of the cameras with the sales guy ... showing him the ins and outs of the camera. Obviously, no one but a photographer would be interested ... unless they were trying to sell stuff to photographers.

The bottom line is ... when you are trying to decide on new glass for your rig, it is kind of cool to take a couple for a "test drive", without all the fuss of having to mail it back if it doesn't cut it. I don't know how you can even suggest that "mail order" is the preferred method of operating. Had I gotten a chance to try out my SONY AF 70-200mm f/2.8 G SSM lens, in person, I would not have purchased it, after finding out that it was defective. That was a major hassle. I could have avoided two months of angst ... but no ... you think everything is hunky-dory in ol' Lensland. Well, I am here to tell you different. If you get a chance to evaluate some glass before buying it ... I highly recommend you do. "Factory Sealed" only means that some jamoke hasn't played with your lens. It does nothing to assure against manufacturer defect or hidden damage. Only an on-hand inspection can do that.

Personally, I am sick and tired of floating glass back and forth through the shipping/mail system.

I have to ask ... "are you getting this?"

flickr & Sdi