Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I do believe, given enough time ... Canon will be crushed like a pop can ... but, don't quote me on that.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Don, why is Nikon doing better than Canon at the moment?
    is Canon lacking at something right now?
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Yes, common sense is not so common, with Canon. They are shutting the lights off, in Japan. No more late night support.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-30-2009 at 01:30 PM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

sorry i don't understand?
    something to do with low light?
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

No, more to do with being tight-fisted (<- click right here), as usual.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-30-2009 at 01:30 PM.

flickr & Sdi

Someone just buy my stuff.
    Nikon D40x
    - Nikkor ED 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II

Give me feedback on Flickr

Sorry not Don but at least a truthful answer

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha82 View Post
    Don, why is Nikon doing better than Canon at the moment?
    is Canon lacking at something right now?
    Nikon has eclipsed Canon by using aggressive introduction of quite a line up of entry level DSLRs. People moving up with no brand preference went with Nikon simply based on price. Canon was caught with their pants down and tried to catch up with the introduction of the XS.

Nikon has caught up to Canon in every way now, and their newest high end offerings have been introduced without difficulty, and they are quite good machines. Canon has had firmware and hardware trouble in a fair amount of their recent releases. This has again contributed to slower sales and some brand switching.

Neither Canon or Nikon offers Don's holy grail of in camera IS and I doubt either one will. In the article Don offered in defense of his silly statement, Sony is also struggling with sales. They are laying off 16,000...
    A good photograph is knowing where to stand.
    Ansel Adams

Rule books are paper, they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal.
    Ernest K. Gann-Fate is the Hunter.

since when is a 0.1% lead in one country statistically relevant enuf to suggest they are doing better ?

i think a more pertinent point is just by saying "Nikon are doing better.". not compared to anyone else but themselves. the MAIN reason for that is they made a point and shoot dslr, the d40. people forget that there are more d2x's sold than 1D's and more d200's sold than 30d's and 5d's combined. what they didnt have was the camera at the bottom entry level end that contributed to VOLUME of sales. sure, we all like to focus on the flagship models but they are nothing in sales volume compared to the entry level cameras.

whats ironic is that the vehicle for this masive improvement, (the d40), was ridiculed by narrow minded, set-in-their-ways nikon shooters cos it had no AF motor. talk about egg on their faces. thankfully, nikon as a corporation wasnt as stupid as nikon fan-boys.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320336809639

Now on Ebay for anyone interested.
    Nikon D40x
    - Nikkor ED 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II

Give me feedback on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by GotToyota? View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320336809639

Now on Ebay for anyone interested.
    How much is the reserve? Just as a warning though, there's not a good chance you will sell with that reserve. People just don't bid as high and they very rarely exceed that set amount. It just discourages buyers.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II