Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Maybe nobody want's your stuff. I presume your current camera has P,A,S,M, ISO, and WB. What you appear to need, maybe, are better lenses, perhaps to do the sort of things you want to do. Now, having chosen Sony, you are really committing to buying mail order, because they will not have a widely available stock in the stores. For that, you should have chosen Nikon or Canon.

If it doesn't sell, I'd recommend you order yourself a nice lens and get to know the art of photography, and not worry so much about the silly differences in equipment. If it does sell, well, choose a system. I really don't care what, but choose it carefully. Take your time. Do your research. Then get a system that you can use for a long time.
    Eric Lund
    Nikon D200
    Nikkors: 17-55mm f2.8, 18-200mm f3.5-f4.5 VR, 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 VR, 35mm f2, 50mm f1.8, 55mm f2.8 AI-S micro, 105mm f2.8 VR micro
    Other Lenses: Tokina 12-24 f4, Tamron 75-300mm f4-5.6 LD macro
    Stuff: Nikon SB800, Nikon MBD200, Gitzo 1327 Tripod w/RRS BH-55LR Ballhead, Sekonic L-358 meter

You are trying to sell a camera that isn't being made anymore. Why would anybody want that. I have the A100 and want to upgrade to the A700 or one of the new models that migh be coming out this spring. I would never even think of trying to sell my A100 bcause it would not be worth it. Good Luck I hope it sells.
    Frank
    Sony A77
    Sony A580
    Sony A 100
    Maxxum 400si.
    Sony 18-70 Kit Lens
    Minolta AF 35-70
    Minolta AF 50 f/1.7
    Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 Di LD
    Tamron 60mm Macro
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
    Tamron 2x Converter
    Sony HVL-F42AM
    Quantaray 70-300 4.5-5.6 Macro
    Slingshot 200 Bag

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22083244@N06/

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/sparkie1263/

Cool Show me the MONEY!

Quote Originally Posted by erichlund View Post
    Maybe nobody want's your stuff. I presume your current camera has P,A,S,M, ISO, and WB. What you appear to need, maybe, are better lenses, perhaps to do the sort of things you want to do. Now, having chosen Sony, you are really committing to buying mail order, because they will not have a widely available stock in the stores. For that, you should have chosen Nikon or Canon.

If it doesn't sell, I'd recommend you order yourself a nice lens and get to know the art of photography, and not worry so much about the silly differences in equipment. If it does sell, well, choose a system. I really don't care what, but choose it carefully. Take your time. Do your research. Then get a system that you can use for a long time.
    Mr. Lund ...

I was in my local camera store, the other day ... and lo and behold, they did not have a single Canon or Nikon lens above $800. Sure, they had a few of the low end lenses, like the SONY Style stores do for the SONY DSLRs ... but when it came to the high-end glass ... BUZZ! Nada. Squat! If you want that kind of stuff, you need to go downtown ... and maybe they may have one in stock. Heck, I even went to Calumet Photographic ... and they did not have an EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens! Come on ... that's not right!

That's almost like not having a TAMRON SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II LD Aspherical (IF) lens ... only you don't NEED "IS" because it is already in the SONY DSLR! And guess what? They had that one! Why? Because it is "affordable."

Most local owners will not invest in stocking these "SO" offending lenses. Well, let's face it ... that's a significant tie up of capital, to be sure. In this day and age ... capital seems to be a little hard to come by. I've watched four car dealerships fold ... not only for lack of capital, but lack of customers.

The world is running scared ... credit is drying up ... and payments are going through the roof. High-end lenses ... unless there is something in that insipid TARP bailout for it ... it may just be a little more than can be expected ... for now.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-31-2009 at 11:03 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by laydros View Post
    I love this, someone posts the stuff he wants to sell, in the Sony forum... and it drags the Canon vs. Nikon holy war right in.

No surprise, it seems in many photography forums that eventually a thread about a picture of a chair would eventually turn into a Nikon vs. Canon debate, but its funny.
    you should be thanking us laydros.

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Well, you guys are going to love this ... the SONY DSLR forum is the most active forum, this week. 319 new posts! Whuppin' up on those Canikoners!

Do I smell a trend? Check out these stats (<- click here) ... kind of fun to look at.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Man I just might buy his stuff so we can stop this ongoing debate/argument/expression of opinions/humerous banter, what ever we want to call it, at least till the next time....hey wait a minute is this just a marketing ploy to sell your gear, LOL. Just kidding guys, and in fun, I do hope your gear sells at a fair price for you.
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

OP, how did you even get the A100 new anyway and why not the A200?
    i haven't seen one in any Sony store or local camera store since the summer.
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Sean - I wouldn't mind if you bought it.

Elisha - I bought it brand new from Adorama.
    Nikon D40x
    - Nikkor ED 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II

Give me feedback on Flickr

I'm watching it, may make a good starter for my daughter, and we can share glass, and when she goes off to college it won't hurt as much if it goes missing.
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

look, there is nothing wrong with an A100. It does a fine job with almost any shot, except low light/high ISO noise response ... but hey, none of the introductory DSLR cameras handle that very well. Personally, it has been a terrific back up for my A700. I know its limitations and I do not push them. There is no point ... you cannot get blood out of a rock.

If you want low light/high-ISO ... you get an A700 or the A900. They do a much better job with it. The "left knob" on the A100 allows the user to quickly select what function they need to adjust ... without having to menu around for it. There are many people who would love to have the left knob on the higher-end cameras, too, that are not too keen on the menu system.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    look, there is nothing wrong with an A100. It does a fine job with almost any shot, except low light/high ISO noise response ... but hey, none of the introductory DSLR cameras handle that very well.
    theres not alot right with it either actually. i think almost everyone acknowledges that it was a prototype dslr for sony. the d40/60/xt/xti/xs/xsi all blow it out of the water for iso performance.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr