Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    yeah...what economic crisis ? lol
    i misread the OP, looks like he's either moving to the dark side...or off with the fairies.
    dark side = nikon?
    fairies = canon?

flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Quote Originally Posted by GotToyota? View Post
    I am selling all of my Alpha stuff so that I can make the plunge into some more *serious equipment,* [emphasis added] rather than a budget setup. I thought I'd let you guys know so you can have first dibs before I put it up on Craigslist.

http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41702

-Matt
    Wow... that posting implies that Sony stuff isn't "serious." Ouch. I got that at the camera shop downtown the other day. They guys were really nice about it, and said the Sony cameras and glass are great (b/c of Minolta mainly) but they told me if I want to get serious, I will probably need to switch to Canon or Nikon to get the stuff I need out of the system.

Double ouch.

I'm not to the point of agreeing with that statement yet, but it sure is frustrating to not be able to walk into a store and try out a lens.
    Jason Hamilton
    Selective Frame

EOS 5D - Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 35 f/2, EF 50mm f/1.8 Mk II, EF 70-210 f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro, Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 (with EOS adapter), 430EX, Canon S90
    Nikon FE - Nikkor 35mm f/2 AI'd, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AI, Nikkor 105mm f/2.5 AI, F to EF adapter, 2xVivitar 285, other lighting stuff
    Mamiya C220 - 80mm f/2.8

Gear List flickr

I didn't mean it like that, I meant a non-starter camera (budget camera). I agree though about the lens comment, I went to Wolf to try some stuff and they didn't have anything.
    Nikon D40x
    - Nikkor ED 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II

Give me feedback on Flickr

i blame Minolta lol!
    they didn't jump into the DSLR market with full force like Canikon.
    so Sony is playing catch up!
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

And paid the price, Bigtime!
    Movers and shakers in film cameras, Minolta failed to read the writing on the wall until it was too late.
    You might say it's a shame, but Minolta had their day and had to move over for the "new kids on the block".
    Three cheers for Sony who salvaged the best and in the process rescued us old time Minolta followers.
    _

Minolta was a bigdog back in the film days but for some reason they slacked off in the digital era!
    either way, Sony picked up the slack pretty good and has almost 9% DSLR market share in 3rd place beating Oly and Pentax all in just 2 years.
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Oly and Pentax are going down the tubes even if they don't know it yet and the Credit Crunch is really going to hurt them.

Quote Originally Posted by GotToyota? View Post
    I am selling all of my Alpha stuff so that I can make the plunge into some more serious equipment, rather than a budget setup. I thought I'd let you guys know so you can have first dibs before I put it up on Craigslist.

http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41702

-Matt
    I think everone else is too polite to ask so,,, WHAT you gonna get?

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha82 View Post
    Minolta was a bigdog back in the film days but for some reason they slacked off in the digital era!
    either way, Sony picked up the slack pretty good and has almost 9% DSLR market share in 3rd place beating Oly and Pentax all in just 2 years.
    Yeah, those guys also said that Sony was placing 5th behind Pentax and Oly, and I was almost positive that wasn't true. Looking around flickr, or these forums would pretty well show that.
    Jason Hamilton
    Selective Frame

EOS 5D - Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 35 f/2, EF 50mm f/1.8 Mk II, EF 70-210 f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro, Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 (with EOS adapter), 430EX, Canon S90
    Nikon FE - Nikkor 35mm f/2 AI'd, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AI, Nikkor 105mm f/2.5 AI, F to EF adapter, 2xVivitar 285, other lighting stuff
    Mamiya C220 - 80mm f/2.8

Gear List flickr

Nikon: 40.7%
    Canon: 40.6%
    Sony: 8.6%
    Olympus: 5.3%
    Pentax: 4.4%

those were for the 1st half of last year.
    i saw another one for the full year somewhere where Canon and Nikon were at 39% each and i think Sony was closer to 9%.
    bear in mind this is for the Japanese market.
    not sure about the worldwide market.
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR