Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flash for Sony

Lightbulb Smaller flash ideas

There is also the ring flash, which offers a smaller and different approach to your imaging.

SONY offers a ring light, but it is NOT a flash, but a lens mounted lamp of limited illumination, Personally, it requires a longer exposure than i am comfortable with.

The other ring-type unit is the twin flash.

Other flash solutions would requite a hot shoe converter of some type, to provide a PC-sync port for the α100, α200, α300 & α350 DSLRs which SONY saw fit to not conveniently include. There are "third party" alternatives which are smaller in size and a carload cheaper to purchase and use.

A third-party ring flash for under $100
    Last edited by DonSchap; 04-14-2009 at 09:55 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by rich1911 View Post
    First off I'd like to say hi since i'm new to this forum. Next I have a Alpha 100 but I would like to upgrade to a 350 this year. What I am looking for is a smaller more compact flash for the Sony DSLR than the full size Sonys. Does any one know if any one makes such a unit
    Hi Rich. I'd agree with whats been said. Upgrade to the A700. Talk to dr4gon maybe.
    As for the flash I think it likely that a small flash unit may well materialise from Sony as a trigger for the A900. There is speculation that Sony will offer wireless trigger instead but that seems unlikely to me.