Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    In the extremist states of the world, any bare flesh merits a beating by the powers that be. In olden times, bare flesh merited quite a nasty time from the puritans. Now we just do it through the law - not physical punishment but something nastier that lasts a lot longer.

The direction Australia is going astounds me. I see our nation leaning toward an "offend none" by censoring all sort of mentality.
    US Navy--Hooyah!

Nikon D700/D300|17-35 f/2.8, 24-70 f/2.8, Sigmalux, 80-200 f/2.8, 16 f/2.8 fisheye,

Lots of flashes and Honl gear.

I know this is a bit off topic but still sticking to the "offensive?" topic. I read in the news today that a school in a small town in Canada banned the singing of the Canadian National Anthem in the mornings because it "offended" some people. Which is worse, being offended by the singing of a national anthem when moving to a particular country or the school reacting to this by banning the song itself. I truly am sickened by the attitude of some people that they are the most important people on Earth and everybody should cater to their every will. If we stop catering to them, maybe they will stop complaining about everything!
    CANON 7D, 400D, 24-104 f4L IS, 70-200 f2.8L IS, 28-105, 50 1.8, 75-300, 430 EX II, BG-E3
    SIGMA EX 10-20 DC HSM
    KENKO Extension Tube set 12mm, 20mm, 36mm

http://www.mbimages.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Gaza View Post
    Don't forget this is not a case of reacting to someone being offended.....this is in case someone is offended....even worse.

How come they're not worried that I worry that they are worried that someone will be worried ?
    now that's a valid point.
    40d | 5d mk II | 2.8/16 zenitar fisheye | 16-35L | 35L | sigma 1.4/50 | sigma 2.8/50 Macro | sigma 1.4/85 | 70-200L IS
    website
    disclaimer: posts are for personal entertainment only...not to be taken seriously...ever.

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmikers View Post
    I know this is a bit off topic but still sticking to the "offensive?" topic. I read in the news today that a school in a small town in Canada banned the singing of the Canadian National Anthem in the mornings because it "offended" some people. Which is worse, being offended by the singing of a national anthem when moving to a particular country or the school reacting to this by banning the song itself. I truly am sickened by the attitude of some people that they are the most important people on Earth and everybody should cater to their every will. If we stop catering to them, maybe they will stop complaining about everything!
    It's even worse in Britain. People actually arrested for waving the Union Jack!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    It's even worse in Britain. People actually arrested for waving the Union Jack!
    Really? Now that's absurd.
    CANON 7D, 400D, 24-104 f4L IS, 70-200 f2.8L IS, 28-105, 50 1.8, 75-300, 430 EX II, BG-E3
    SIGMA EX 10-20 DC HSM
    KENKO Extension Tube set 12mm, 20mm, 36mm

http://www.mbimages.ca