Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Threaded View

Flash Recommendation

Well, I think I want to get an external flash to use with my D90. I'll be using it for trying to "capture" the motion of my 2 year old and 6 year old and I'm hoping being able to throw the light up and around will help with the shadows. I'll also I was looking at a new SB-600, but on another post someone mentioned they just bought a used SB-24. I looked up the specs on Thom Hogan's site and it doesn't look too bad. But I don't know if it'll work with the D90. I'm not even sure where to look to see if it will (even though I haven't tried yet, maybe the manual would be a good place to start? (just checked, looks like manual mode only)

But, I'm wondering if there are flashes out there that I shouldn't get or should get? Are there any favorites? Also my local camera shop carries a lot of used gear, so I'll be trying them besides the ebay / Craigslist route. Just curious if there are any suggestions...

Also, in the manual it states that it has Auto aperture available with teh SB-900, SB-800, and CPU lens. So what the heck does that mean?
    Last edited by BikerJohn; 01-25-2009 at 07:21 PM. Reason: (another question)
    John

D90 with the 18-105 kit lens M-Rock Yellowstone bag, 35 mm F1.8 G, and a SB-600 Flash
    Wants: Too many and I need to become a better photographer first anyway!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33718659@N04/