Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    This lens is definitely not an indoor lens. Too dark ... too heavy.

The birds and little mammals might have something to say about it when you heave it up and say, "Chuckie Cheese!"

Remember, if you are too tired to take your own images ... ask the SONY Robots to assist you. Just think of the positioning of remote flashes these little guys could do?

SONY Robots
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-22-2009 at 12:38 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

No DSLR Announcements Coming from Sony at PMA

Looks like it could be a quiet PMA this year as far as new digital SLR announcements go. A spokesperson for Sony said today that the company will not have any "Alpha" DSLR announcements prior to or during the PMA show in Las Vegas in early March.

The spokesperson, Linda Barger who handles Sony's digital cameras and accessories, told PDN that the company will concentrate on new consumer point-and-shoot models and camera accessories at PMA, some of which will be pro-oriented. ...
    Now that's depressing

http://www.pdnpulse.com/2009/02/no-d...ny-at-pma.html
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Cool You might consider ...

I just saw this announcement, too.

Oh well ... get an α700 to fill in and enjoy. Even if they did announce, chances are it wouldn't be available until next Fall, at this rate.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 02-11-2009 at 10:55 AM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    I just saw this announcement, too.

Oh well ... get an α700 to fill in and enjoy. Even if they did announce, chances are it wouldn't be available until next Fall, at this rate.
    Yeah, probably later in the year, if this is true..... I find it really hard to believe as well. It also seems to hint the lack of new lenses, which is no way for Sony to do business..... PMA is late enough already this year, they seriously better have something in store for Alpha...
    Last edited by dr4gon; 02-11-2009 at 11:00 AM.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

so would this mean that new and used current bodies will hold their value for a little longer?
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

You know, based on the current market , I'd temporarily lower the prices of current glass offerings by 30% ... making them irresistible and bring the A900 well within reach of the average user. The sales would skyrocket, inventories reduced and the new lenses would be far more desirable. That's just a guess, but if they wait until everything bites the dust ... nothing will move.

Just a thought ...

flickr & Sdi

why are people disappointed and/ or surprised ? all the sony models are relatively new so why would they release another one ? arguabley, they already have 1 model too many. not to mention the global meltdown...
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    why are people disappointed and/ or surprised ? all the sony models are relatively new so why would they release another one ? arguabley, they already have 1 model too many. not to mention the global meltdown...
    Well the A700 is nearing a 1.5 year life and we're all looking to upgrade to something, that's why. And sony does need more lenses. (good ones).
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by dr4gon View Post
    we're all looking to upgrade to something.
    really ? in these economic times ? not too sure about that. sony can easily put an a800 off for another 6 months imo.

Don...wishful thinking. lol
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr