Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    From one of the flickr Sony groups I belong to.

Not to excited about the APS-C... really hoping for a FF
    but the Exmor R Sensor sounds cool...

--
    Developed exclusively by Sony, this radically new design adopts a unique ‘back illuminated’ cell structure. The sensor has been re-engineered so photo-sensitive areas receive maximum illumination, unobscured by a grid of fine metal wires that partially blocks the pathway of incoming light in conventional designs.

Exmor R CMOS Sensor approximately 2x increase in sensitivity compared with conventional models. This ensures brilliant, low noise-images, even in low light. Now we must wait to see whether Sony can translate this back-illuminated design to DSLR CMOS sizes.
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

Cool Rumor quashing ...

Quote Originally Posted by dr4gon View Post
    I was kinda hoping for a budget FF, but as I said, just a rumor and one camera. They might release a couple, who knows..... it's anyone's guess.
    Look, someone knows what's not a rumor. Let's go find them ...
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Also posted on another flickr group was a post that it will be out in the summer with a price tag of $1599.99 with the 'new CZ lens" package. wishfull thinking I think, No support or source of info. linked or mentioned in that one. Anyway way to late for me, off to bed, I have real investigating to do in the morning .
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

Question is, is 9 months from prototype to production feasible?

1599 with CZ? no way.... a camera like this I'm guessing with kit lens would be ~$1500. Isn't that where the A700 started? And the A100 was about in that range.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

No way .... the A100 w/ kit was $999 ... and $899, with the 10% discount coupon I had with me. Enough to cover the taxes.

You are correct about the A700, though, with kit ... it started at $1499. W/o ... $1399.

Anyway, if this backlit sensor does as they predict ... it's academic ... because no one will be buying them anymore. That is a paradigm shift in sensor technology ... which usually ends up making everything else ... obsolete.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-21-2009 at 07:54 AM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Hooray! Just what I need. Two months into ownership and it's already NBG.

Peek ... wait until it comes out BEFORE you lament. There are plenty of photographs to be taken. This represents a low light wonder ... which can really heal the gulf currently NOT BEING ENJOYED by the f/4 crowd. Everyone's need for f/2.8 lenses will decrease ... and that has been a "killer" for a long time. Those f/3.5-6.3 lenses will suddenly have the relative lighting performance of more like f/2.5-f/5s. That's kind of cool.

Although, if you have an f/2.8 lens ... your light performance, of course, gets even better, too. It's definitely a win-win. Learn what you can from your current tool of choice. No one has one of these ... YET!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-21-2009 at 01:50 PM.

flickr & Sdi

I don't want anti shake... I sware the thing moves when you don't want it to...one of these days im snippin the wire and siliconing it steady

I feel like I'm really behind with my 100.
    Nikon D40x
    - Nikkor ED 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II

Give me feedback on Flickr