Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Look, all I am saying is for accuracy sake ... which you do not want them (the repair facility) questioning, "optimize" your shooting conditions. Shooting stuff under less than "normal" conditions often results in less than perfect product. Just put yourself in their shoes ... how far off the mark is the range in focus. It gets a little hairy with sub-par lighting. If it REALLY is hosed up ... it'll be hosed up no matter how much more light you throw at it.

I say, "Take away any excuse."
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Look, all I am saying is for accuracy sake ... which you do not want them (the repair facility) questioning, "optimize" your shooting conditions. Shooting stuff under less than "normal" conditions often results in less than perfect product. Just put yourself in their shoes ... how far off the mark is the range in focus. It gets a little hairy with sub-par lighting. If it REALLY is hosed up ... it'll be hosed up no matter how much more light you throw at it.

I say, "Take away any excuse."
    Yeah, for sure. lol, I still don't know how they manage to look over your camera so many times and not find anything wrong with it. Hopefully the stop sign will help!
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

As much as SONY would like to believe that this camera repair station is up to snuff, they repair all makers ... and as such, there are no experts ... just "familiar with"s. So, when a SONY shows up ... it's best guess time. Laredo, TX, on the other hand, is SONY.

Again, I suspect something else involved ... and it is NOT doing the repair. 'Nuff said, as we shall see.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-17-2009 at 09:39 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi