Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

GSXR 600 @ night

I had a chance to shoot photos of my friends bike again, this time at night (you can find the first set here: http://flickr.com/photos/alphamatt/s...7612298652651/).

For some reason I don't think my night photos are up to snuff. You can find the rest on my Flickr from the link above.

-Matt
    Nikon D40x
    - Nikkor ED 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II

Give me feedback on Flickr

hmmm, don't remember seing thes on flickr. Perhaps I caught you half way. These look better than the ones (one) I commented on.

Better lighting IMO.

#2 would be super cool if it had the contrast and exposure of the first. Use lightroom/photoshop to adjust it the curves and bring out some more black!
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Talking A little more ... punch!

There a lot you can do with an image ... to give it some snap!

Name:  bike-2-punch.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  478.0 KB
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

What effect is that, Don? Thanks for the tip.

Dragon - I just did these tonight, and added them to the same album.
    Nikon D40x

This is a custom modification using "curves" and the "solarization" filter. Also, a bump in "saturation", to bring up the colors, helps.

I my estimation, it is taking a lackluster image and pushing a bit ... bringing in new appproach to lighting and color enhancement, where this is little. Again, just adding to it ... to create interest.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Here is my attempts at enhancement.

Frank

Sony A77
    Sony A580
    Sony A 100
    Maxxum 400si.
    Sony 18-70 Kit Lens
    Minolta AF 35-70
    Minolta AF 50 f/1.7
    Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 Di LD
    Tamron 60mm Macro
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
    Tamron 2x Converter
    Sony HVL-F42AM
    Quantaray 70-300 4.5-5.6 Macro
    Slingshot 200 Bag

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22083244@N06/

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/sparkie1263/

I don't see why you guys keep doing that, I personally think that makes it look horrible.
    Nikon D40x

Quote Originally Posted by GotToyota? View Post
    I don't see why you guys keep doing that, I personally think that makes it look horrible.
    I really, honestly, at work in my cube, laughed out loud.

That kind of stuff has it's place (and a motorcycle ad might be a good example), but it's not really my style either.
    Jason Hamilton
    Selective Frame

EOS 5D - Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 35 f/2, EF 50mm f/1.8 Mk II, EF 70-210 f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro, Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 (with EOS adapter), 430EX, Canon S90
    Nikon FE - Nikkor 35mm f/2 AI'd, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AI, Nikkor 105mm f/2.5 AI, F to EF adapter, 2xVivitar 285, other lighting stuff
    Mamiya C220 - 80mm f/2.8

Gear List flickr

There is a line that is being crossed here, I will give you that. It is "anticipation of results."

You, apparently, are anticipating a super-realistic improvement to what you shot.
    Others are saying, "when you have lemons ... make lemonade."

It just depends on what you are trying to achieve. It becomes a "process" if you will of recognizing the limitations that are involved ... and then settling on a "new" goal, if you cannot successfully turn the image around. Everyone is at a different level of technique, when it comes to that ... and you have to allow some latitude in people's experimentation. I mean, at least they are interested enough to even try and work with your presentation ... without any disrespect.

"Solarization" is an artsy-way of working with light. It tends to invert the spectrum and pull out what normally is buried in over-exposed areas. It certainly does not work with everything, but with a subject this radically hot ... I think it enhances the overall look, personally, than a raw streetlight and arbitrary background of streetlamps and other distractions. The focus goes back to the bike ... but, at least you can see some variation to the presentation, like it or not.

I admit, it's a matter of taste. Normal ... or with a little paprika!

flickr & Sdi

man those PP shots suck. lol

i think all thats missing in the shots is some good contrast. they look quite flat and the tonal range is very limited, did you PP these at all ? i think you could have been a little more imaginative with your compositions aswell. its kinda got that..."yeah its a bike...so what ?" feel about it and unless you;re the onwer of the bike, it doesnt draw you in at all imo.

still...i like where you're going. i enjoy your shots.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr