Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

View Poll Results: What is your current post process pixel manipulation software?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lightroom (ver 1 or 2)

8 50.00%
  • Photoshop Elements

5 31.25%
  • Photoshop CS

8 50.00%
  • SONY Image Data Suite

6 37.50%
  • Other -> Please elaborate by posting answer

4 25.00%
  • None … just what comes out of the end of my USB Cable/Memory card

0 0%
  • What’s post process? Or better yet … a pixel?

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I use AcDsee 2.5 to upload my images and review them. I can straighten them and do a quick adjustment to see how they look then I delete it and use PS.

Frank
    Sony A77
    Sony A580
    Sony A 100
    Maxxum 400si.
    Sony 18-70 Kit Lens
    Minolta AF 35-70
    Minolta AF 50 f/1.7
    Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 Di LD
    Tamron 60mm Macro
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
    Tamron 2x Converter
    Sony HVL-F42AM
    Quantaray 70-300 4.5-5.6 Macro
    Slingshot 200 Bag

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22083244@N06/

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/sparkie1263/

No single solution

There never seems to be a single solution to anything, and every time you turn round there's another problem/opportunity etc...

I take everything in raw.

I use the Sony software to look and review/delete during the first pass (and others), because their "Image data lightbox" allows you to have large numbers of thumbnails and 1, 2, 3 or 4 pictures at a time in more detail. If you want to, you can then call the "Image data converter" to manipulate them one at a time. I don't use this because I am used to Photoshop Elements and "it ain't broke". I found the use of the name lightbox confusing.

It is a pity that it will not process any of the old Minolta 6MP raw files. That's another advantage of PSE over the Sony suite - it will process both these raw formats. The other sad thing is the takeover of the old "Raw Essentials" program which was bought out by Adobe and is now in photoshop, but without the nice workflow arrangements.

Henry

Now I am just struggling to convert myself from a 7D to an A700.

Henry,

I believe you will find the A700 pretty accommodating and well-received in the "modern" technologies (Yeah, this encompasses a whole three years of technology - sorry). It was a solid move ... the range of capabilities (especially with ver 4 software) just tears it away from the rest of the field. It truly appears well thought out, ergonomically optimized and will be the one to copy for years to come.

I have enjoyed no other camera the way I have this one.

With the number of units that are out there, it has a substantial stake in the world of Digital SLRs.

Good luck with yours and the world you photograph with it.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 02-05-2009 at 09:49 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr® & Sdi

Sony Image Data Suite and Photoshop Elements 4.0

I use Sony Image Data Suite and Photoshop Elements 4.0.

I use the Data Suite to process the raw file;and do a little bit of adjustments here and there. I only use Photoshop Elements to crop the picture.

I don't really do much post-processing for photos, but I'm planning to use PS to enhance my photos in the future. I'm still practicing taking good shots with the camera first, and when I get the hang of it, I'm moving on to post-processing via PS.

Check out my photos, no major post-processing except minor adjustments on exposure, and saturation through Data Suite. Please help out a fellow Sony user: feel free to comment on the photos... need to learn more.

http://totusphotography.blopspot.com

http://www.flickr.com/totusjoyce14

Totus

Sony Alpha 200 DSLR
    Minolta Dynax 300si Film DSLR
    SAL1870 18-70mm f3.5-5.6
    Minolta AF 75-300mm f4.5-5.6
    Minolta AF 35-70 f3.5-5.6
    Quantaray 70-300 f4-5.6
    Last edited by Totus; 02-06-2009 at 04:50 PM.