Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Man I just hope they have a v2 for the A300! We could sure use a time stop button....

well I'll take +/- 2-3EV at the least!
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha82 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they can address some of it via a fw upgrade like v4 for the a700.
    Pretty sure they can't. We discussed this in an earlier thread and the general consensus was that Firmware wouldn't fix it and it was more likely a "sensor stack" and/or processor issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Peekayoh View Post
    Pretty sure they can't. We discussed this in an earlier thread and the general consensus was that Firmware wouldn't fix it and it was more likely a "sensor stack" and/or processor issue.
    iirc the sensor used on the a2/300 is the same as the one used on couple of the Nikons. and the nikons that employ it have cleaner higher iso images. i believe this is all in the processing engine and the algorithms.
    sony just needs to tweak the algorithms in their Bionz processor and this can be done via a fw update.
    if the v4 update for the a700 can improve it's 1600 iso images, i'm sure a fw update can help the lower models. but whether or not Sony is going to bother doing so is a different question.
    they did give the A100 updates as far as i can remember, but now Sony has more devices and new ones should be out by spring so hopefully they don't just focus on the higher end ones.
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

If only it were that simple!
    Don't be misled by the Nikon connection. Nikon have a different sensor stack and image processor.
    The v4 firmware is not a big step in noise reduction but it does allow you turn it off.

I would be willing to compromise with Sony how about a firmware update to give me one stop on light and one stop of IS for my 700? 2 would be great but one more is better then what we have now. Don I am pretty sure you need a special or maybe even spatial license before you can use the stop time feature. Also how about a update that would allow digital grids on the LCD review screen, you choose rule of thirds, X pattern, cross hairs, something like that?
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/