Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, I believe these outside agencies buy SONY Repair authorization and in turn, get their share of work. I originally used Laredo, last year, as the primary repair activity. They wound up doing one of my lenses. Since then, Precision Camera has been the location for the A700 repairs.

I have a lens repair facility, nearby, for TAMRON, SIGMA, and Tokina. Unless I buy TAMRON, after a year, the cost of most repairs or adjustments of a lens falls on my shoulders, which is why I refuse to buy SIGMA. Not only is the QC probably the worst I have ever seen (they really should include a return label in the new lens box to resharpen the "brand new" lens) but, their warranty is ... well, you can figure it out.

I currently only have ONE SIGMA lens ... and guess where it is, right now ...

Personally, I think it is a darn shame for the entire Photographic Community that this poor QA/QC is being allowed to continue. One thing is for sure, though, the freight shipping companies are going to be in business for a long, long time, not only delivering the initial shipment of the ordered lens to the customer, but at least two more additional shipments as the lens goes back and forth between the warranty repair depot and the customer. Man ... I know where my stock purchase will be.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-05-2009 at 08:41 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Don I know I could get my paperwork out and research it, but this gives you a chance to add more posts LOL Do you know on the Tamron glass does there have to be a problem or malfunction? I mean say at 5 years and 6 months after buying one can I send it in and have it 'serviced' cleaned, tuned, adjusted if needed at no cost? Or would I have to pay for the services? You keep talking bad about the Sigma's and your never gonna move that one in your for sale list!
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/