Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Camera Bag for Nikon D90?

I'm looking to buy a camera bag with a snug fit for the Nikon D90 with the kit lens (18-105mm) attached to it. I just brought a Tamrac 5502 Exporer 2 camera bag after being told this is a great bag on a different forum.. I did not bother to look at the dimensions or anything - I am an amateur at DSLRs.

What would you say the smallest and smuggest fit camera bag for the Nikon D90 with the kit lens attached to it would be?
    If it is square that would be great, don't like the look of the more triangular ones - I am indeed fussy but if you don't mind, I would appreciate anything you suggest.

Thank you in advance!

You could take your gear into a camera store and test the fit out there.
    Since your fussy this way you can get the one you like. If you dont
    have access to a local store, i believe there is a camera bag finder site.

Here you go. http://www.cambags.com/

And welcome to the forum!
    Last edited by rawpaw18; 01-02-2009 at 05:59 AM.
    - Rich

Nikon: D50, 18-70mm, 50mm, 70-200vr
    Kenko: 12mm, 20mm, 36mm Ext Tubes
    Manfrotto: 486RC2
    Benro: A-327 tripod

My Flickr Photos Here

Nikon D90 : Nikkor 80-200mm f2.8 AF : Nikkor 18-55mm AF-S DX : Nikkor 50mm 1.8 AF : 2x SB900 : Nikkor 35mm 1.8 AF-S : Total Noob : Tips Appreciated! Flickr! Blog!

I would recommend Crumpler bags...they are top notch.

I have 4 camera bags, (never happy!) and two of them are Crumpler (the other two are Kata and Lowepro). ALWAYS use the Kata DR-467. Use the Crumpler (small one, pretty boy 5500 (XXL)) for little excursions.
    Nikon D700
    Sigma 70-200 F2.8
    Sigma 85mm F1.4
    Sigma 15-30 F3.5 - 4.5

http://www.philipduartephotography.com

"It's better to be hurt by the truth than comforted by a lie"

+2 for Crumpler but I would not recommend a bag for just the body with kit lens attached. Fairly soon you will have an extra lens or a an external flash or something and what are you going to do then?
    The Crumpler 5 million Dollar home will not be so big as to be a pain but will let you carry a body with 3 lenses or a body, len and flash or even just your camera plus iPod, phone and wallet.
    Think longer term is my advice.

Another vote for the crumplers! I own a backpack and a smallish shoulder back that can fit the D90 with a few lenses in aswell. Build Quality is top notch!
    Nikon D90 | 18-105mm VR | Sigma 10-20mm | Nikon 35mm 1.8G | SB-600/900 | Crumpler Backpack & Shoulderbag

flickr

The Lowepro Slingshot 100 is the best bag for the D90. It will fit the camera with the 18-105mm lens attached with room for one more external lens and one external flash. I had it for my D80 with 18-200mm lens and loved it.

I love Crumpler bags. But if you hang around here very long you will be adding to your collection and will outgrow your snug fitting bag. I would buy a bag that gives you a little extra room. Your camera will still be very well padded and protected. When I travel, I like using my camera bag to tote around a few personal items as well. A little space is quite useful.

Another one who says, go into the store with all your equipment, and try them out. But in the end, you will be looking for a new one anyway.

I got a lowe pro bag that fits my camera and one lens. I also have a terrible back pack one that is WAY too small. In fact, that is my next purchase, a new bag. Let us know what you decide to get.

One more thought ... if you get a slightly bag than you need, you are allowing yourself room to grow ... can always say, GEE, I need that new lens/flash/doo-hicky because there is an empty space in my bag.
    Leah
    Nikon D90, because I have a nice Mom.
    Nikon 18-105 VR kit lens | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 |
    Nikon 35mm f/1.8G |
    Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 HSM |Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6G VR
    SB 600 & SB400

Canon G9 "borrowed" from my step-father

flickr

Quote Originally Posted by mugsisme View Post

One more thought ... if you get a slightly bag than you need, you are allowing yourself room to grow ... can always say, GEE, I need that new lens/flash/doo-hicky because there is an empty space in my bag.
    That a girl! Now that is thinking.
    - Rich

Nikon: D50, 18-70mm, 50mm, 70-200vr
    Kenko: 12mm, 20mm, 36mm Ext Tubes
    Manfrotto: 486RC2
    Benro: A-327 tripod

My Flickr Photos Here