Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    There are a some interesting cameras. Some of them are supposed to improve noise in high ISO. Some of the cameras I like to see the reviews are:

1. The Ricoh GR Digital II and CX-1.
    2. The Sony WX1 and TX-1
    3. The Fujifilm F70EXR and the S200EXR
    4. The Nikon Coolpix S1000pj and S70.
    ahh and the new Samsungs ST550 and ST1000 (I never liked Samsung CCD small sensors (too noisy), but their new compact cameras, like new Coolpixes are oriented to gadgets lover guys...

Quote Originally Posted by acuberos View Post
    There are a some interesting cameras. Some of them are supposed to improve noise in high ISO. Some of the cameras I like to see the reviews are:

1. The Ricoh GR Digital II and CX-1.
    2. The Sony WX1 and TX-1
    3. The Fujifilm F70EXR and the S200EXR
    4. The Nikon Coolpix S1000pj and S70.
    ahh and the new Samsungs ST550 and ST1000 (I never liked Samsung CCD small sensors (too noisy), but their new compact cameras, like new Coolpixes are oriented to gadgets lover guys...
    I already reviewed both of the cameras in #1. I'll probably do the WX1, and one or two of the Fujis. Not sure about the Nikons yet.
    Jeff Keller
    Founder/Editor, Digital Camera Resource Page

What about the Panasonic DMC-ZR1 ?

Hello! can you review the new Panasonic DMC-ZR1, it packs a lot of features, I want to Know how it performs, what about the image quality....

Quote Originally Posted by dmorgan777 View Post
    I would like to see a review about the Pentax K7. Is it my imagination or is Pentax made by Samsung?
    I would also like to read a review of the Pentax K-7. And, as I understand, Samsung is using Pentax cameras. Am I right?
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

I suggest Jeff drop the Canon SD970IS review. Not just because Canon continues to snub Jeff. But also because we know it will be a good but bland camera just like all the other SDxxx cameras. There is just nothing new/special about it to warrant a review (I think it is their first year's mode that offers 720p video, but that's about it).

Hi Jeff! Thank you for asking 'us'...
    Two comparasion tests.
    1. Canon S90, Canon G11, Sony DSC WX1 vs. the already tested Panasonic LX 3.
    2. Panasonic ZR1, Fuji 70EXR vs. the already tested Panasonic TZ6/7 and Fuji 200 EXR.

1. Fujifilm F70EXR
    2. Sony WX1
    3. Canon S90, G11
    4. Ricoh CX-2
    5. Pan ZR1
    Sony NEX 3 with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. Canon 300HS, Fuji F70, Panasonic ZS19.

I'm not ready to buy another camera yet, but I'd be interested in seeing reviews of the Fuji F70, S200EXR, Canon G11, S90, SX20, Sony WX1, Panasonic LX3, Sigma DP2, just to name a few.
    Also it sucks that Jeff has been getting passed by when given advanced info on new cameras. I would love it if he could get advanced enough info so he could have a reviews out as quickly as Imaging Resource did with the Sony A850 (I checked their website and they had a full review up the same day the A850 was officially announced.)
    Hopefully Canon hasn't slighted Jeff for the round of SLRs that canonrumors says is supposed to be announced soon, and he can, in effect, beat Imaging-Resource's A850 review schedule.
    (Even if you can't give any details, like what type of camera, model numbers, etc, would it be possible to at least tell us whether you have gotten any info from anyone, or would even that break an NDA?)
    Last edited by pianoplayer88key; 08-30-2009 at 12:35 AM.

I'd be happy if you could finish the final review of the micro4/3 camera Lumix GF1 as soon as possible That was the first and main wish to come true.

The wish list for reviews turned out quite long this time, hope you can find time to review at least some of them.
    > Sony Alpha DSLR-A500 or DSLR-A550
    why? These cameras use a newly designed CMOS sensor and a new noise processing algorithm, and Sony says it will excel in low light.

> Canon PowerShot G11
    why? Canon took a brave step to lower the megapixel count.

> Exilim EX-Z450
    why? A budget camera with nice specs
    * F2.6 - F5.8, 4X optical zoom lens, equivalent to 28 - 112 mm
    * Sensor-shift image stabilization
    * Even more scene modes, including a "handheld night scene" option
    * Uses NP-40 battery; takes a whopping 550 shots per charge
    * Priced at $199

> Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX1 or TX1
    why? new high sensitivity CMOS sensor

> Coolpix S1000pj
    why? it has a crazy on-board projector, does it take pictures too?

Cheers,
    Margus
    Last edited by Margus; 09-05-2009 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ssiu View Post
    I suggest Jeff drop the Canon SD970IS review. Not just because Canon continues to snub Jeff. But also because we know it will be a good but bland camera just like all the other SDxxx cameras. There is just nothing new/special about it to warrant a review (I think it is their first year's mode that offers 720p video, but that's about it).
    +1 re your take of the Canon SDxxx line.

Unless and until Canon introduces useful and usable features like shutter priority (typically no S or A mode in SDxxx, but they include spot metering?!) or something other than warmed over or new features (that virtually no one wants like color swap or whatever) I suggest the SDxxx reviews be skipped virtually entirely.

At the most frequent, maybe every other one. Canon churns these out like kittens. So this one has a black stripe or a white paw, or six toes...who cares? In the end, they are a jumbled nebulous mass. Include PASM, higher flash sync and work on the ISO 400 performance. That should be doable, then they'll have something. Other than that, a site like this should virtually ignore the SDxxx "noise" from Canon.