Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Jeff I've got a Canon SD950 with the 1/1.8 sensor that never got reviewed. Now the Canon SD990 is out with the 1/1.8 sensor and thus far no review. Are there plans to review the SD990? Canon so rarely provides the larger sensor and a review of how it performs might be helpful.

Jeff,
    Thanks so much for the f200EXR review, especially all the ISO comparison shots. I think the one stop advantage is probably only in good light (but I'd like to see low light/high ISO with DR mode...), but if Fuji can update the camera to go with the sensor - like a faster lens, for starters! - then they've got a killer here.

Btw, all modes except auto are supposed to be able to go to 8 secs, so I wonder if it's possible to force long shutter speeds in EXR too, for night shots?

Thanks again, much appreciated.
    P.S. More handheld evening/indoor high ISO shots would be great, too

Quote Originally Posted by NezumiChu View Post
    Jeff,
    Thanks so much for the f200EXR review, especially all the ISO comparison shots. I think the one stop advantage is probably only in good light (but I'd like to see low light/high ISO with DR mode...), but if Fuji can update the camera to go with the sensor - like a faster lens, for starters! - then they've got a killer here.

Btw, all modes except auto are supposed to be able to go to 8 secs, so I wonder if it's possible to force long shutter speeds in EXR too, for night shots?

Thanks again, much appreciated.
    P.S. More handheld evening/indoor high ISO shots would be great, too
    Sorry, the camera is gone, so no more tests.
    Jeff Keller
    Founder/Editor, Digital Camera Resource Page

Red face Bridge cameras

Hi Jeff,
    I would like to see more reviews of the "bridge" cameras, as these are some of the only compacts that offer optical (although electronic) viewfinders, manual controls, and lenses wider than 28mm. I've noticed that you have only reviewed the Canon SX10 and Fuji S100, but not any of the other Fuji models, or any of the Olympus, Nikon, Panasonic, or Sony models. I just bought the Nikon P80, after being dissatisfied with the low light performance of my recently aquired Panasonic FX500, and despite the generally marginal reviews the Nikon has received, I find it to be quite awesome! It's quick, and has accurate focus and exposure, good color, a sharp lens, and better dynamic range and low light performance than most compact cameras I've tried recently, which include Canon, Sony, and Fuji models as well as the Panasonic. The best camera I've used besides my Fuji S6000, which is just too big to lug around all the time. Thanks for listening to my opinions.
    Last edited by DougM; 04-24-2009 at 02:35 AM. Reason: remove the roll eyes icon

Thumbs up Canon EOS 500D/T1i

Hi,
    I've been following your reviews close to two years now, and that is how long I've been looking around and saving for my first DSLR. Thanks to you I have picked up a lot of stuff along the way, and it has definitely helped.
    I read your review of the Nikon D90 and I think the camera is awesome. On similar lines, Canon too has come out with EOS Rebel T1i (EOS 500D).
    Please if you could review the camera (I didn't find it in your upcoming reviews list) it'd help a lot of people like me
    Cheers!

Hi Jeff,

The Pentax K7 seems to be an interestingly different approach by the company. Would you be reviewing it any time soon?
    Samsung NX10+30mm+18-55mm OIS, Fuji S6500FD

K7 reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by shahmatt View Post
    The Pentax K7 seems to be an interestingly different approach by the company.....
    In the interim, you might like to check out the K7 here:

ePHOTOzine K7 Review

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by shahmatt View Post
    Hi Jeff,

The Pentax K7 seems to be an interestingly different approach by the company. Would you be reviewing it any time soon?
    Not soon, but it will definitely happen.
    Jeff Keller
    Founder/Editor, Digital Camera Resource Page

Olympus E-P1 Micro Four Thirds

Hey Jeff!!

Thank you for the interesting E-P1 preview, Iím looking forward to the full review with sample photos.
    I read that Panasonic uses an electronic distortion correction for their micro four thirds lenses and saw some sample photos where pictures from RAW data where compared to jpeg pictures directly from the camera with quite obvious difference. Now the product planning manager of Olympus mentioned in an interview that they are doing this as well ("We are doing distortion corrections. Panasonic is doing this and likewise we're doing the same to allow us to make the lens smaller." on dpreviw).
    For me and maybe others too, it would be very interesting if your review could consider this fact, and for me it's not clear if you use e.g. the E-P1 with a Panasonic lens, if there will be electronic correction as well, which could have quite consequences on the available "good" lenses for the cameras...

Best Regards
    fillmore

Hey Jeff, I've been coming back to your site for about 8 + years now. Thanks for an awesome job. I guess it's about time I bought you a beer :-)
    In the meantime, a bit of an unusual suggestion - Liquid Image HD320. A scuba mask that takes 5Mpx pics, 720HD vids and goes down to 115 ft. It sounds intriguing to me and I am sure to many other divers.
    The site with the most pictures I've found was this: http://www.divecamcentral.com/dc-liqimg-hd320.html.
    Just a thought.
    Thanks.