Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre_ View Post
    Hey Jeff, thanks for all the reviews, I just got addicted to them. Would it be possible for you to make one on the samsung hz10w ? This digital camera seems really amazing, but I wonder how it turns out for night and high ISO shots.
    Thanks.
    Just an FYI, I am getting the HZ15W to review.
    Jeff Keller
    Founder/Editor, Digital Camera Resource Page

Quote Originally Posted by dr4gon View Post
    So, whatever happened to the A900 final review? I was really looking forward to the usual tests and run through. I see DCRP didn't get an Canon 1Ti in time, but didn't see any news regarding the A900 at all and it's been months. Any news would be appreciated
    Sony took the camera from me in October or November and didn't offer to send one back until about a week ago. Since my plate is already full, I declined. Sorry about that.
    Jeff Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Keller View Post
    Sony took the camera from me in October or November and didn't offer to send one back until about a week ago. Since my plate is already full, I declined. Sorry about that.

I see, but isn't it a pretty major camera for the Sony system, the market, and what it represents as the highest resolution SLR? It's their flagship semi-pro full frame dSLR. I mean I understand you are busy and have other cameras to review, but what if Canon had sent you that T1i? Would you be too busy then? It doesn't seem like Sony gets a fair shake when it comes to reviews.

I would, in the same way you want people to contact Canon, urge you to reconsider as I and many others enjoy reading your reviews and it would also garner favorable attention from Sony as they expand their lineup and give the free PR.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Although it sounds impossible but I really would've liked to see a review of Panasonic's DMC-FS3. I've heard it has pretty good high-iso quality for its price (which is < $150)

Thumbs up More advanced compact reviews

I love your site, Jeff. I like the way you always use the same sample photos, making it easier to compare diiferent cameras. Also, I grew up on the peninsula, so the Stanford shots remind me of home. I know it's impossible to review all the cameras introduced every year, but I personally would like to see more on cameras with features that serious photographers appreciate. I won't even consider a camera without aperture priority and a wide angle lens, no matter how good. Leave the more auto everything cameras to the user review sites like Amazon. So, I'd like to see the Nikon S710, Panasonic FX580, Fuji F60FD, and Ricoh GX200.

What about the Sigma DP2? I'm curious to see how it fares after the DP1.
    Canon 5D Mark II (Canon 35mm/1.4L | Canon 24-70 f/2.8L | Canon 135mm/2L | 430EX II | Gitzo G1125 + 494RC2)

flickr

I bought a new camera. It's very advanced - you don't even need it. ~Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by DougM View Post
    So, I'd like to see the Nikon S710, Panasonic FX580, Fuji F60FD, and Ricoh GX200.
    I wouldn't count on most of those... three of them are "old", and I have my hands full with new models. The FX580 is a good possibility though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneTomorrow View Post
    What about the Sigma DP2? I'm curious to see how it fares after the DP1.
    I don't have any contacts at Sigma, believe it or not. I'd love to get my hands on the DP2, though.
    Jeff Keller

Not again?

Quote Originally Posted by DougM View Post
    ..... I personally would like to see more on cameras with features that serious photographers appreciate. I won't even consider a camera without aperture priority and a wide angle lens, no matter how good.
    I'm sorry, but with all due respect, I have to strongly disagree with this proposal.

Why should this site (or any photography review site for that matter) be the purview of only "serious" photographers? What exactly do you mean by a "serious" photographer anyway?

As the current owner of four (2 fully auto) point 'n' shoot digital cameras who's also been shooting for more than 50 years with 35mm film cameras, am I considered not to be a "serious" photographer?

It's perfectly acceptable for you not to consider cameras without a WA lens and manual controls (it's a free world!) and that's your decision, but please don't suggest that DCResource should ignore the multitude of top-notch cameras out there that don't have those features... such as the Panasonic TZ7 which doesn't have any manual modes such as aperture priority.

It's unrealistic to suggest that Jeff shouldn't review the TZ7, as it's a great 12x pocketable, fully auto point 'n shooter, with a lovely 460,000 dot 3" LCD.

And as I've said before, I really dislike this implied camera "snobbery" or the imaginary delineation between "serious" photographers and the rest of us who don't know, apparently, what we're talking about.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Keller View Post

I don't have any contacts at Sigma, believe it or not. I'd love to get my hands on the DP2, though.
    Drag. DPReview reviewed the DP1, maybe they can connect you.
    Canon 5D Mark II (Canon 35mm/1.4L | Canon 24-70 f/2.8L | Canon 135mm/2L | 430EX II | Gitzo G1125 + 494RC2)

flickr

I bought a new camera. It's very advanced - you don't even need it. ~Steven Wright

I know in light of the whole Canon thing this would be rather weird, but given that you're pretty much reviewed every entry-level ELPH, are there any plans for an SD1200 review?

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulff View Post
    I'm sorry, but with all due respect, I have to strongly disagree with this proposal.

Why should this site (or any photography review site for that matter) be the purview of only "serious" photographers? What exactly do you mean by a "serious" photographer anyway?
    I have to agree with you. One thing I like so much about Jeff's reviews is that, unlike DPReview's reviews, there're more focus on what casual users need (at least, that's how it feels like to me), a category that most people fall into.