Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Replaced so soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Keller View Post
    I've been thinking about the FZ28, but I have a hunch that it's about to be replaced.
    Really, wow, guess I didn't expect a replacement until July or so given that it took about a year to replace the FZ18 with the FZ28 -- care to share why you think it will be replaced so soon? Still, I ended up getting the FZ-28 after seeing that it had some clear advantages over the Canon for conversion lenses (might or might not go that route but I have options then) and also HD recording since the SX1 doesn't appear to be coming to the states. Also, the lens just seems to be brighter on the telephoto end so I found that nice as well.

Either way, hope you still choose to do a review...I'd be very interested in seeing that still and seeing what issues you ran up against. I know you guys favor the AA batteries too but I find that having the battery packs seem better to me for weight and I've never had a problem with just buying an extra one for longer trips.

Well, hope to see that review...the Casio FH20 review coming up will be nice but it seems to be in a different price range since I was able to pick up the FX-28 for probably half what that one costs and $100 less than the Canon. Either way, I've been a Canon fan for years but Panasonic is quickly moving up on them in my book at least (in the amateur consumer market anyways).

Thanks for all your great reviews and keep it up.

Jeff

Fujifilm S2000HD

Hi, Jeff,

Please consider reviewing the Fujifilm S2000HD. That is one the super-zoom bridge cameras from Fujifilm. The outstanding feature marketed for this specific model is a 720p video mode.

Best regards,
    cklammer

Please publish review of Nikon P6000

P6000 has been on your list but got delayed until 2009. Please do not delay anymore. There were four or five Canon reviews of late already. Cameras from competing manufacturers should be good for consumers.

Pentax K2000?
    Samsung NX10+30mm+18-55mm OIS, Fuji S6500FD

Quote Originally Posted by hc1234 View Post
    P6000 has been on your list but got delayed until 2009. Please do not delay anymore. There were four or five Canon reviews of late already. Cameras from competing manufacturers should be good for consumers.
    Like I said on the home page, I was reviewing cameras that were the most popular ones on the site. It just so happens that they were Canons. The P6000 review won't be delayed again... it should be posted in the next week or two.
    Jeff Keller
    Founder/Editor, Digital Camera Resource Page

Looking forward to your review

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Keller View Post
    Like I said on the home page, I was reviewing cameras that were the most popular ones on the site. It just so happens that they were Canons. The P6000 review won't be delayed again... it should be posted in the next week or two.
    Thank you. Looking forward to your excellent review.

Sincerely

Ricoh GX-200

Ricoh GX-200 is quite small and very enhanced camera. But it is expensive, thus your review would be very useful.

wish list for reviews, cameras of 2009

Here comes my wish list of the new cameras announced by now in 2009. While most of the newcomers are basically indistinguishable from the earlier models of last year(s), then these ones have one or more unique features which make the cameras to stand out of the rest of the crowd. I've also listed the features which caused the cameras to be included in the wish list.

First the two new super zooms with unbelievable zoom ranges. It would be interesting to see the resulting image quality of pictures produced by the lens with this ambitious zoom ranges.

Kodak EasyShare Z980
    * 24X optical zoom lens, equivalent to 26 - 624 mm
    * Includes a removable vertical grip for portrait shooting
    * HD movie mode

Olympus SP-590 Ultra Zoom
    * F2.8-5.0, 26X optical zoom lens, equivalent to 26 - 676 mm

Next there are the two compact, "pocketable" cameras with valuable 10x zoom starting at usable wide angles.

Olympus Stylus 9000
    * F3.2-5.9, 10X optical zoom lens, equivalent to 28 - 280 mm

Samsung HZ10W
    * F3.3-5.8, 10X optical zoom lens, equivalent to 24 - 240 mm

Then there's the luxury item (what a price for an ultra compact!) from Sony. After playing around with the camera for a while - does it still feel like overpriced? Any use for the web browser?

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-G3
    * Ultra-compact body is 3/4-inch thick
    * Huge and very sharp 3.5" touchscreen LCD with 921,600 pixels
    * Built-in Wi-Fi and web browser
    * Built-in 4GB memory
    * Now available for $500

And last but not least - there is one model which seems to be the perfect compact camera for many. Reasonable resolution (good high ISO promise?), uses inexpensive AA batteries, good battery life, good sized and sold at a very-very reasonable price.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS85
    * 8.1 Megapixel CCD
    * Uses two AA batteries; 550 shots per charge using NiMH cells
    * Ships in April for $120

Cheers,
    Margus

Just curious, whatever happened the promised A900 full review?
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

EOS 5D Mark 2

Jeff,

You should correct the link on the homepage, since it's pointing to the Samsung TL34 HD... And where's the A900 (full) review? Has it been drop? I supose I could agree that DCRP's target reader isn't a EOS 1D ou Nikon D3 buyer, but it's a 5D or A900 buyer (at least the higher end)...

Keep up the good work.