Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Fujifilm X100 ?

I'm surprised that the Fujifilm X100 did not make it to the final list of the most wanted cameras for upcoming reviews. I remember that the camera was included in the poll, wasn't it? I sincerely hope that the X100 is one of the cameras which you will review anyway

What makes me even more wander is the fact that according to a poll on the dpreview the x100 is one of the most exiting products announced during Photokina, competing for the first place with Nikon D7000 with the rest lagging far behind.

Cheers,
    Margus

Quote Originally Posted by Margus View Post
    I'm surprised that the Fujifilm X100 did not make it to the final list of the most wanted cameras for upcoming reviews. I remember that the camera was included in the poll, wasn't it? I sincerely hope that the X100 is one of the cameras which you will review anyway

What makes me even more wander is the fact that according to a poll on the dpreview the x100 is one of the most exiting products announced during Photokina, competing for the first place with Nikon D7000 with the rest lagging far behind.

Cheers,
    Margus
    The poll was created before the X100 was announced. If I add more cameras to the poll, we have to start it all over again. The X100 is coming out next Spring, so I'll definitely review it then.
    Jeff Keller
    Founder/Editor, Digital Camera Resource Page

The Sigma SD1 also looks interesting, if only because of the totally different sensor design. I believe previous Sigma DSLRs were a bit mediocre in performance, but it would be interesting to see how the new model does.

buters guide

did neither the lx5, the s95, or the g12 really not make it to the recommended cameras list? it seems kind of weird since they are the only cameras reviewed of there kind (prosumer compact)
    Last edited by sckortyman; 11-06-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sckortyman View Post
    did neither the lx5, the s95, or the g12 really not make it to the recommended cameras list? it seems kind of weird since they are the only cameras reviewed of there kind (prosumer compact)
    I just added them tonight. I update that page every month or so, which is why you didn't see them right away.
    Jeff Keller
    Founder/Editor, Digital Camera Resource Page

Quote Originally Posted by mattdm View Post
    There's no doubt in my mind that cell phone cameras at one end and mirrorless large-sensor interchangeable lens systems the other will crowd point & shoot cameras out of the market within a decade. Maybe as soon as five years.

And the iPhone 4 camera is a big step forward here. It's gotten up to a quite-respectable 5 megapixels, with sensor size in the ballpark of some current point & shoots. It's not all there yet, but I'd be very curious to see how close we're getting.

Many tech-gadget sites are posting reviews of the iPhone as a camera and/or as a video recorder. But I'd really like to see it done in full camera-review style by someone with experience and good reputation as a camera reviewer. What do you think?
    I want to repeat my suggestion above. This is the future, and it'd be interesting to get a "baseline" review to compare future models against.

It'd also be interesting to compare the iPhone's apparently-high-quality 5 megapixels against some of the new higher-resolution Android phones (now up to 14 megapixels, apparently!) -- are the extra pixels worth anything?
    Looking to buy a Pentax flash? Check out my Definitive Guide to Pentax P-TTL Flash Options.

See also: In Smartphone Era, Point-and-Shoots Stay Home. Yet no serious camera site is reviewing camera phones as cameras. It's a huge empty information space.
    Looking to buy a Pentax flash? Check out my Definitive Guide to Pentax P-TTL Flash Options.

K-5

Dear Jeff,

Please consider reviewing the new Pentax K-5. It was a major upgrade from the Pentax K-7, while the Pentax K-r which is in your list for future reviews was only a very minor upgrade from Pentax K-x. Thanks

--

Also, let me say that I really enjoy your website, and it was here that I started in photography, searching for good cameras!

All the best,
    Leonardo

I loved your review, which got me hooked to this site, of the Canon SX10.
    you know, good job! Thanks
    Best regards, Natali
    Last edited by Jeff Keller; 01-21-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: removed spammy link

Nevermind.