Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimr View Post
    Hi Jeff! Thank you for asking 'us'...
    Two comparasion tests.
    1. Canon S90, Canon G11, Sony DSC WX1 vs. the already tested Panasonic LX 3.
    2. Panasonic ZR1, Fuji 70EXR vs. the already tested Panasonic TZ6/7 and Fuji 200 EXR.
    I like this shootout comparison list. Perhaps it could become a new review feature as opposed to the end of the review which states something like (forgive me, I'm paraphrasing) if you're interested in this camera, you might also be interested in x, y, z.

In certain cases (not all by any stretch) I think it would be really nice to see head-to-head comparisons. I think the WX1 from list 1 could be in list 2.

Question Leica X1?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Keller View Post
    Is there a camera that's not on our Upcoming Reviews list? Put in your request for a review here, and I'll do what I can to get ahold of one!
    Ok, I known it's not a mainstream camera and costs as much as an "prosumer" DSLR, but it's a Sigma DP1/2 and m4/3 alternative and probably a high quality, high end alternative to a backup DSLR/compact camera .

So, will you review it?

Joao P. Mestre
    (aka Twin)

Quote Originally Posted by twin View Post
    Ok, I known it's not a mainstream camera and costs as much as an "prosumer" DSLR, but it's a Sigma DP1/2 and m4/3 alternative and probably a high quality, high end alternative to a backup DSLR/compact camera .

So, will you review it?

Joao P. Mestre
    (aka Twin)
    I'm slow, what camera would that be?
    Jeff Keller
    Founder/Editor, Digital Camera Resource Page

I'm sorry Jeff, I've only mentioned it on the post subject, should have also done it on the main text. It's the Leica X1...

Jeff,

I noticed the Nikon D300s has been removed from your upcoming reviews.
    I have seen some images from it in your other review for comparison but,
    was wondering is a full review still in the works or been scrubbed?

Thanks
    - Rich

Nikon: D50, 18-70mm, 50mm, 70-200vr
    Kenko: 12mm, 20mm, 36mm Ext Tubes
    Manfrotto: 486RC2
    Benro: A-327 tripod

My Flickr Photos Here

Quote Originally Posted by rawpaw18 View Post
    Jeff,

I noticed the Nikon D300s has been removed from your upcoming reviews.
    I have seen some images from it in your other review for comparison but,
    was wondering is a full review still in the works or been scrubbed?

Thanks
    I had to scrub it. Too similar to the D300 and I'm going to have my hands full with 2010 models very shortly.
    Jeff Keller
    Founder/Editor, Digital Camera Resource Page

Thought so, thanks much.
    - Rich

Nikon: D50, 18-70mm, 50mm, 70-200vr
    Kenko: 12mm, 20mm, 36mm Ext Tubes
    Manfrotto: 486RC2
    Benro: A-327 tripod

My Flickr Photos Here

Pentax K-x

Hi Jeff,

Having made review requests of other Pentax models and at the expense of sounding like an incurable fanatic, I'd like to request a K-x review. Unfortunately I'm a big fan of the underdog. It's a curse I think.

I'm excited about this one though. Reports show the K-x as having excellent noise control. Better than the K-7. So perhaps the disappointments will end here.

Have a good day!
    Samsung NX10+30mm+18-55mm OIS, Fuji S6500FD

Jeff, I'm a big fan of this site, and like your P&S reviews better than anybody else's. Thanks for all you do.

A bunch of cameras recently appeared with GPS. I am curious to know whether they write latitude & longitude in the EXIF, which would be my preference, or whether they do something less convenient with the data. The Casio model is interesting because it has accelerometers to extrapolate position when it can't get a GPS fix, as is often the case in outdoor canyons and inside buildings.

Your P6000 review did not say where the GPS data was written, but it looked like Nikon requires their software to do geotagging with it.

iphone 4

There's no doubt in my mind that cell phone cameras at one end and mirrorless large-sensor interchangeable lens systems the other will crowd point & shoot cameras out of the market within a decade. Maybe as soon as five years.

And the iPhone 4 camera is a big step forward here. It's gotten up to a quite-respectable 5 megapixels, with sensor size in the ballpark of some current point & shoots. It's not all there yet, but I'd be very curious to see how close we're getting.

Many tech-gadget sites are posting reviews of the iPhone as a camera and/or as a video recorder. But I'd really like to see it done in full camera-review style by someone with experience and good reputation as a camera reviewer. What do you think?
    Looking to buy a Pentax flash? Check out my Definitive Guide to Pentax P-TTL Flash Options.