Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ok, I'll have to get with my dad. I asked for it for Christmas and gave him the info of what I was looking to get. He took it from there. He is very good with electronics so I knew he would get the right thing. By the way I love it so far, no complaints yet.

Chris

Does it hook to the release port on the side of the camera?
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

It plugs into the back where there is a small rubber door, I think it is labeled "Remote". It has a small box (a little smaller than a match box attached to the cord, which is about 6-8 inches long, and then it has a wireless remote that is a little less than half the width of a pack of cigarettes and maybe a little longer. It works the same as with any other shutter release, press it down half way to focus, all the was to release...

Sorry I dont have the info on where he got it yet...

Gotcha ... that particular release port is not all that common. I was hoping PocketWizard would make one ... for their gear. I had one for the Canon EOS camera.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Okay ... because of the funky weather issues on Wednesday/Thursday ... we delayed our annual Christmas party ... and it was tonight. The dog started opening his presents and scored big!

Name:  Dog-scores-big.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  483.6 KB

flickr & Sdi

Great shot Don, he even looks like he is smiling at his loot. My guys like the flavored pack of milkbones the best, and the smoked beef ribs!
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

I've gotta say, I think I could probably gnaw on those pig ears! Ha, just kidding...