Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yeah, like a one night school play ... a lot of work for effect ... but, hopefully Ol' St. Nick finds it attractive and decorates the bottom ... REAL GOOD Remember: It's all in "present"-ation ... (I know, I know ... very punny!)

Ho Ho Ho
    Last edited by DonSchap; 12-24-2008 at 08:18 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Don, thats a wicked effect coming off the blue LEDs.

Katy and I looked at our townhouse from the outside with the lights on one day and were surprised by what lights were "white." We have traditional white bulbs on our tree, and white LEDs on the front porch. When you see them next to each other, neither look white... the traditional bulbs look yellow and the LEDs look blue.

Helps you remember why white balance is SO important to photos.
    Jason Hamilton
    Selective Frame

EOS 5D - Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 35 f/2, EF 50mm f/1.8 Mk II, EF 70-210 f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro, Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 (with EOS adapter), 430EX, Canon S90
    Nikon FE - Nikkor 35mm f/2 AI'd, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AI, Nikkor 105mm f/2.5 AI, F to EF adapter, 2xVivitar 285, other lighting stuff
    Mamiya C220 - 80mm f/2.8

Gear List flickr

Hey, Pete ... since Santa will probably hit your place (in the UK), sooner than here .. how about spilling the goods on the camera equipment he may bring you? LOL

@Jason - mixing lights definitely has consequences ... and converting the entire tree to LED (to make it "green") could really be a drawback, considering what happened in the earlier shot.

I have this one from last year ... with standard lights.

We skipped the nutcrackers, this year. Just too much work in lieu of everything else going on.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Well, I've been dropping hints, no I've been dropping HINTS about the F58AM, but no-one's letting on.

Quote Originally Posted by Peekayoh View Post
    Well, I've been dropping hints, no I've been dropping HINTS about the F58AM, but no-one's letting on.
    hints, what, where? so what are you getting?
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

I s'pose you mean "what am I treating myself to?"
    Still got an eye on the 70-300mm G but not sold any lenses yet.
    Last edited by Peekayoh; 12-24-2008 at 09:32 AM. Reason: typo

lol I was kidding?

wait, I thought you were getting an F58, or perhaps you meant you were dropping hints to those around you (Santa)

Well good luck!
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Yep. The F58 hints were for anybody within earshot, maybe Santa.

Well ... next Christmas will have to be a lulu to make up for this one ... LOL

The economy whack and local weather took so much steam out of the season, it's like ground to a virtual halt. We've got rain, ice & snow, everywhere you go ... and a kick-in-the-rear freeze, rolling in after midnight. Frosty ... where are ya?

If you didn't get it done, today, Friday will be unreal. We actually cancelled the family Christmas party, due to the potential disastrous driving conditions all over the area. It's hard to imagine how you can photograph what is happening. I'm trying to find a way to capture it. Anyway ... time to hit the mean streets for "last minute" buying opportunities. What a week this has been.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 12-24-2008 at 10:34 AM.

flickr & Sdi

Don weather is strange eh, you are west of me, weather mostly travels west to east more or less, those damn great lakes have a bit to do with it. last night we had a good dose of freezing rain, was a mess this morning but hey by 10:30 it warmed up and was raining, got to like 53 degrees here, nice and windy and raining here yet at 8:30, no snow for us till maybe Friday!
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/