Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Camera Window app on a Mac: how do I delete/disable it?

This is probably more of a Mac question than a camera question, but ever since installing the Canon software on my computer, every time I attach my iPhone to sync, an app called "Camera Window" pops up then crashes. I cannot seem to locate it anywhere on my Mac to delete and there doesn't seem to be any way to disable it. (I use iPhoto to import my pics, so I don't need this "helper" application...)

Thanks!

Check Image Capture and see what settings are there. This is a helper app in OS X that sometimes senses cameras and controls what app should open.

Thanks. I finally found where the app was loaded (not sure how I completely missed it before). Was able to successfully uninstall it...

Thanks for the Image Capture tip. Totally fixed my issue

I have found another solution.
    But first let me explain what I want. I want CameraWindow to launch only when I connect my Canon Camera, so that is why I didn't want to remove it completely.

So here is the fix:
    I simply dragged it out of the folder where it has been installed and that solved the problem!
    Then I launched Image Capture and there I pointed my camera to the new location of CameraWindow.
    Now it only launches when I insert my camera and nothing happens when I plug in my iPhone or usb drive.

Hope this helps.

Appreciate the Image Capture tip! This was driving me up the wall. (Yes, I realize that this thread is 2-3 years old, but that's the beauty of the Internet!)

Now, as to Camera Window itself, I also like the tip about moving it out of its folder... but is there a reason for using CW in any case--rather than iPhoto?

Quote Originally Posted by hgradeca View Post
    I have found another solution.
    But first let me explain what I want. I want CameraWindow to launch only when I connect my Canon Camera, so that is why I didn't want to remove it completely.

So here is the fix:
    I simply dragged it out of the folder where it has been installed and that solved the problem!
    Then I launched Image Capture and there I pointed my camera to the new location of CameraWindow.
    Now it only launches when I insert my camera and nothing happens when I plug in my iPhone or usb drive.

Hope this helps.
    I can't get this to work for me. When I move the CameraWindow app my Canon camcorder doesn't mount to my desktop, and I can't see how to point it to the new location of CameraWindow.

Also, now my iPhone won't mount at all and I need to charge it...
    Last edited by Stringtheorist; 05-06-2013 at 04:07 AM.

You may try to redownload the app.