Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

View Poll Results: What SONY DSLR(s) do you own (click on all that apply)

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • A100

6 37.50%
  • A200

1 6.25%
  • A300

4 25.00%
  • A350

2 12.50%
  • A700

5 31.25%
  • A900

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Question Christmas Surprise?

I wonder how many NEW SONYs are going to be announced, tomorrow ... that is, under people's trees? Let's just see how the questions pop!

You know, maybe it is just me, but I really cannot imagine some buying a α700 or α900 as "gift!" The cost is so huge and something like that is just one heck of surprise, if not planned for. I mean ... your significant other has really got to be into your "sport" or be a "good sport" for something like that to happen.

If you are the parent of an interested 'teen ... that's just love to the umteenth power. That kid probably isn't wanting for much.

I have to admit ... it would be magical.

Anyway ... it's Christmas ... when anything can happen .. even the birth of a savior.

Merry Christmas, folks!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 02-16-2009 at 12:05 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Maybe next year if a new Sony or two is out i may consider getting it and giving the 700 to my daughter before she heads off to college, she has got some very good shots with the Fuji fine pix, like lots of kids she is all about video! It will be a good Christmas here for us, but I don't think there will be any digital gear showing up SIGH, may prowl the year end sales!
    CHEERS!!
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dr4gon View Post
    Gotten the full potential out of VHS yet? I'm kidding! Welcome! With broadband, you can upload pictures that much faster!
    Way beyond VHS, moved up to the Sony playstation 3 which as a BluRay player. It was for the kids, honestly.

Not too much play ... but, give it a week or so, when they get to using the bad boy ... and the questions of "what next?" arrive.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

This post is for Jeff (aka "bigwOOdy")

Here is an image of the "kit lens." It is the usual lens that accompanies most SONY DSLR purchases. Does your lens look like this?

Name:  the-kit-lens.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  291.2 KB

Let us know.

flickr & Sdi

Im gonna take a look when I get home. Thanks for the advice though!!
    My Flickr

Sony Alpha a100
    Sony 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3
    Minolta 50mm f/1.7
    Sigma 28-90mm Macro
    Lowepro Fastpack 250
    Sigma EF-530 DG ST Flash

If you haven't responded to this poll, it would be handy if you did, just to give the group an idea of the concentration of cameras.

It really makes general discussion easier.

Thanks

flickr & Sdi

Talking

I have the a100 that I purchased last October to cross over from 35mm to dslr. I have a Minolta Maxxum 9000 and found that my lens would cross over. Now I'm looking to upgrade to the a350 but am now wondering if I should wait a little longer and save a little more and get the 700
    Sony A100
    HVL-F36AM
    Sony18-70
    Sigma 28-70
    Sigma 75-200
    Tamron 28-200
    Phoenix 100-400

That'd be my choice ... the α700 can do things a lot easier than the α350 can ... and offers a better overall approach to photography. You pay for what you get.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 02-16-2009 at 12:05 PM.

flickr & Sdi

Has anyone seen the recent camera ratings, since SONY released ver. 4 for the α700?

flickr & Sdi