Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 95 of 337 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    This would be a perfect shot for this upcoming Camera Club Assignment: "yellow"
    What camera club?
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Thumbs up Des Plaines Camera Club

Quote Originally Posted by dr4gon View Post
    What camera club?
    The Des Plaines Camera Club is both a real group, as well as virtual Yahoo group, here in Des Plaines and on the Internet. It is composed of both professional, amateur and new camera owners (even some non-camera owners - people who are looking for advice on prospective cameras).

I recently was invited to join and have. There is a tremendous knowledge base among these members, based on hundreds of years of combined experience mostly in film, as you might expect, but also in digital. The club is composed of members having all sorts of manufacturer's cameras, including, but not limited to, 35mm-film, medium format, stereoscopic, land cameras, instants, P&S, digital SLR, etc.

Topics include process tips, discussion, mini-contests, assignment work and contest participation with other camera clubs in the area. There are occasional guest speakers to offer interesting topics to the membership and guests.

I joined in an effort to see what others were doing with their art and I just may be the only SONY DSLR owner in the bunch, as I have not spent a lot of time with the group as yet (perhaps it would make sense to suggest a poll, to see what kind of camera system everyone is using).

As we have tried to do, with limited success, the Club suggests monthly assignment work to help focus the photographer on composition, subject matter and technique. The submitted images are then shown at one of semi-monthly club meetings, on a projection screen, and commented upon for points of interest and improvement.

For me, it is more of a social meeting, to exchange ideas on how people are dealing with issues in this hobby. Being a pretty private fellow, it is a departure from my usual grind.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 04-10-2009 at 09:37 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    The Des Plaines Camera Club is both a real group, as well as virtual Yahoo group, here in Des Plaines and on the Internet. It is composed of both professional, amateur and new camera owners (even some non-camera owners - people who are looking for advice on prospective cameras).

I recently was invited to join and have. There is a tremendous knowledge base among these members, based on hundreds of years of combined experience mostly in film, as you might expect, but also in digital. The club is composed of members having all sorts of manufacturer's cameras, including, but not limited to, 35mm-film, medium format, stereoscopic, land cameras, instants, P&S, digital SLR, etc.

Topics include process tips, discussion, mini-contests, assignment work and contest participation with other camera clubs in the area. There are occasional guest speakers to offer interesting topics to the membership and guests.

I joined in an effort to see what others were doing with their art and I just may be the only SONY DSLR owner in the bunch, as I have not spent a lot of time with the group as yet (perhaps it would make sense to suggest a poll, to see what kind of camera system everyone is using).

As we have tried to do, with limited success, the Club suggests monthly assignment work to help focus the photographer on composition, subject matter and technique. The submitted images are then shown at one of semi-monthly club meetings, on a projection screen, and commented upon for points of interest and improvement.

For me, it is more of a social meeting, to exchange ideas on how people are dealing with issues in this hobby. Being a pretty private fellow, it is a departure from my usual grind.
    Cool, always good to meet local photographers!
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Here is an Eyelash Pit Viper. Not very big but very venonous.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cool camouflage, his face looks quite deadly!

Easter bunny came early!

Taken with a Sony DSLR-A700.
    * Exposure: 0.02 sec (1/50) [+]
    * Aperture: f/4.0 [+]
    * Focal Length: 200 mm [+]
    * ISO Speed: 1250 [+]
    May I just say version .1's WB sucks big time. Gonna put it through it's paces sometime this week and post up some ISO results and comparisons with the A300.
    flickr

dr4gon,

I must say that I was not really interested in the A700 at all. I was trying to decide on Nikon or Canon and make the switch. Then I found something about the v4 update, and how much improvement was made in v4. So I bought it, based off of the updates. I agree with others that there are more things that they can do, but overall am satisfied with the A700 v4.

Spring is in the air. The tulips are out. Just waiting for the sun to come out so they can open up.

A700
    70-210 F4 (Beercan)
    Focal Length -75mm
    ISO - 200
    Shutter - 1/125
    F Stop - F7.1
    EV - -.3

One of the local plants in the Arenal Volcano Region.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Taken with a Sony DSLR-A700.

* Exposure: 0.017 sec (1/60) [+]
    * Aperture: f/4.0 [+]
    * Focal Length: 100 mm [+]
    * ISO Speed: 640 [+]
    * Exposure Bias: 0 EV [+]
    * Flash: Off [+]

Happy Easter
    flickr

Who's A700??? Nice image. Is it a big step up form the A300?

Frank
    Sony A77
    Sony A580
    Sony A 100
    Maxxum 400si.
    Sony 18-70 Kit Lens
    Minolta AF 35-70
    Minolta AF 50 f/1.7
    Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 Di LD
    Tamron 60mm Macro
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
    Tamron 2x Converter