Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

anything to be cautious about

or just normal stuff buying on ebay with lenses. i found what looks to be a descent deal on a tamron lense from ebay with the seller being from canada. I thought i read somewhere be cautious of overseas lense out of hongkong and such. Maybe im all wet but was just wondering. thinking i can pick up the
    TAMRON AF 17-50mm XR F/2.8 Di II LENS SONY ALPHA at a descent price.

Bargain hunting can have unfortunate results. Sometimes, considering warranties and all, it is just better to pay the going price ... and bite the bullet.

Good luck ... if you go another way, but for goodness sake, do not be surprised.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

I have picked up a couple of older Minolta lenses off ebay out of canada and had no problems with it, took almost 2 weeks for delivery. I also bought a cable release from Hong Kong but including shipping it was less than $6.00 took almost a month, works just like it's supposed to, so if itworks 20 times I got my monies worth LOL. I would be carefull before spending large sums over ebay on international orders.
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/