Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

View Poll Results: I will participate in the "SONY DSLR Christmas Still" Contest

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - I will particpate - Great lens for free!

9 100.00%
  • NO - I will not particpate

0 0%

Threaded View

a NEW vote ... Christmas Still

SONY photogs ... we are going to rethink this friendly competition? Obviously there was NOT enough interest in participation ... although, I want to thank those who did plan to participate and voted.

To "beef up" the interest, I am changing the prize a little and offering a

1995 TAMRON AF 28-200mm f/3.8-5.6 Promaster lens, instead of the 70-300.

This was one of the first true utility lenses and it offers tremendous focal length options over the "kit lens"

Limitations of the lens "M.F.D." = 6.9 feet ... so back up. There is a "close-up" filter that you can place on the lens and I will include it that reduces the M.F.D. to around 4 feet, you just lose iunfinity focus while it is mounted on the lens.

So, again, here's the idea ... so vote on it.
    • Design a nice. seasonal indoor theme image (preferably tabletop) incorporating ideas based on traditional "Christmas"
    • You have to shoot it yourself with EXIF date stamp, for posting. No earlier stuff. It should be from Nov-10-2008 thru Dec-15-2008
    • Frame and Shoot this image from two different aspects, with your name somewhere in the image, thereby proving it is your design.
    • Post your two shots no later than 12/15/2008
    • At least ten (10) "SONY DSLR camera" participants (a 'YES' vote means you are participating) to get this show on the road. The voting is open until 11/20/2008

We all vote (voters must be a SONY DSLR camera owner in order to count) and pick the best one. The winner gets the lens.

Merry Christmas!

If there are not 10 'YES' votes ... by 11/21/2008 ... there will be no contest.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 11-15-2008 at 10:05 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi