Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Still

Hybrid View

Question Christmas Still

Okay ... what do you SONY photogs think about some friendly competition?

Here's the idea.
    1. Design a nice. seasonal indoor theme image (preferably tabletop) incorporating ideas based on traditional "Christmas"
    2. You have to shoot it yourself with EXIF date stamp, for posting. No earlier stuff. It should be from Nov-10-2008 thru Dec-15-2008
    3. Frame and Shoot this image from two different aspects, with your name somewhere in the image, thereby proving it is your design.
    4. Post your two shots no later than 12/15/2008
    5. We all vote (voters must be a SONY DSLR camera owner in order to count) and pick the best one ... and I give the winner a ...

TAMRON AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 LD MACRO lens?

Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 11-10-2008 at 08:46 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Okay ... what do you SONY photogs think about some friendly competition?

Here's the idea.
    1. Design a nice. seasonal indoor theme image (preferably tabletop) incorporating ideas based on traditional "Christmas"
    2. You have to shoot it yourself with EXIF date stamp, for posting. No earlier stuff. It should be from Nov-10-2008 thru Dec-15-2008
    3. Frame and Shoot this image from two different aspects, with your name somewhere in the image, thereby proving it is your design.
    4. Post your two shots no later than 12/15/2008
    5. We all vote (voters must be a SONY DSLR camera owner in order to count) and pick the best one ... and I give the winner a ...

TAMRON AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 LD MACRO lens?

Merry Christmas!
    Oh gosh,, hmmmm what to come up with?

What a great idea! That's quite a reward!

hummm..... I don't even know where all the Christmas stuff is, LOL

Indeed, Merry Early Christmas.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Quote Originally Posted by dr4gon View Post
    Oh gosh,, hmmmm what to come up with?

What a great idea! That's quite a reward!

hummm..... I don't even know where all the Christmas stuff is, LOL

Indeed, Merry Early Christmas.
    Well, until I get some feedback and participation, that's all this is going to be. Just an idea.

Remember, the lens is not new. Not very used, but not new. I will include caps (front and rear) and a neoprene lens bag for it, also.

But, I need to know you folks are interested (especially the new ones) in participating in this, otherwise it will be a bust.

Start out with something basic ... and embellish from there. Try to minimize your artistic skill with Photoshop ... and be naturally creative.

Name:  christmas-ideas.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  385.5 KB

BTW: Other than Santa, I don't see anyone else giving something away, on this forum. I put my optics where the quality is ... so, Life's good! Ho, ho, ho!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 11-10-2008 at 09:13 PM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Maybe not allow photoshop at all? That way the photographer can concentrate on correct lighting, exposure, composition?

Or has photoshop become too much apart of digital photography to leave behind? (I know I use it a lot!). I can't imagine doing what I've done on film.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Basic, no layering ... or image merging ... or crap like that. "Curve" adjustments are just a natural touch-up and that's fine. The idea is to set-up a Christmas-themed 'still' and just shoot it, twice. From one-angle and then another.

Set up Santa's village .. make it look cute ... put images of your children in it ... whatever. Heck, use it for this year's Christmas card.

I'd open this up to the Canon shooter's, too, as I have a Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III, with hard lens case, that I would like to get out to someone who might like it, also, but they've been pretty naughty this year. I'll have to check that list ... twice.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 11-10-2008 at 09:30 PM.

flickr & Sdi

i would have no idea what im doin but im in. dont get much more newbie than that

Good for you, Millz. That's the spirit. Remember, it is by popular vote ... so even though you may be technically soft ... your framing and subject choice could make all the difference.

Show us your stuff!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 11-10-2008 at 09:32 PM.

flickr & Sdi

got nothin to lose hell i dont even have the camera yet lol

I'm going to open a POLL and put it to a vote, over the next four days. All those who vote, will be expected to submit their shots.

Thanks, folks

flickr & Sdi

i'm in. this will get that Christmas mood going.