Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: a350

Surprisingly the 16-105 gets pretty good reviews. But I would rather have the 18-250mm personally too for it's range and the price.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

one last question ill leave you guys alone i promise which lense is better the tamron 18-250 or the sony DT 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 High Magnification Zoom LensSAL-18250
    maybe i asked before but im confused which is not hard to do another reason is sony has a no interest offer. but that being said i want the better lense dont really care if the sony is little more also i get the sony lense for around 449 same price as the tamron ty again sry to be a pain

Okay, if you can get a TAMRON 18-250 SONY-mount, you can also get a 6-year warranty with it. It is also at a lower cost than the SONY-branded one.

If you buy the SONY-brand (basically the same thing, only it focuses a little quicker, you only get a the one-year warranty. So, you decide ... but those TAMRON SONY-mount ones (<- click on this link) are a little hard to find.

And hey, do NOT fear to ask questions. That is kind of why we come here ... to exchange info and hopefully save each other from the nefarious forces that are continually at work to lighten our wallets.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 11-09-2008 at 07:50 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Yeah, we're glad to help. I posted a link to beach camera. They have it in stock at $450 shipped. Best deal anywhere, believe me, I was looking...... and then there's ebay.....

I would get the Tamron btw .
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

You really can't go wrong with tamron, We hope you keep posting and asking questions, put up some of your photos and join in the discussions. There is so much to learn and it really helps to have a place like this to learn.
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

ty all for your response. and yes i will prolly be sticking around and asking a whole bunch of dumb questions. lol Hopefully now i will make a sound decision. Based on what your telling me if i get this straight is you suggest the tamron for there 6 yr warranty basically that lense and the sony are the same just the sony is a little faster. So i might go with the sony if i get the same price im trying to do this with there 12 mth finance since alot of my cash is tied up right now or not worth anything anymore just a little easier on the wallet im also going to get 1 of the flashes you guys recommended.

Good luck with your choice.

The SONY version of the 18-250 was sped up a little, through different gearing, but is the same optic, overall.

Most of all, have fun.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

hey don question just ordered the camera,lens 18-250 sony middle sony flash 42 i think and a 4gb blue card the faster one. my question is what do you guys think of the 4 yr warranty for 119 with accidental

Absolute must, otherwise there is like a $500 minimum repair bill, if you do go and fumble-rusky the rig. I have a 4-year on my A700. I have already sent it in, once, for a problem. I say it is an insurance policy that has real potential of being used, especially being new at this.

Good luck

flickr & Sdi

ty for all your help. i thought the same thing for about 25 a year i thought that was cheap. especially with 2 rugrats runnin around never no what will happen. so i assume my choices on what to do were fine. I did the sony lense b/c they let me have the 2 years interest free with the economy the way it is just was easier to do it all now and worry about it later.

on a side note i want a nice camera bag something of a sling or backpack nature could you guys point me in the right direction i want enough room for when i get more lenses and such.