Took some pictures of my sister, trying to use what I've learned about light. Please hand over the C&C re: settings, posing, processing, white balance, cropping, lighting, anything at all. I probably will have a chance to re-shoot, not to mention re-process. All shots taken at about 4:00 p.m. with my 50mm 1.8 at ISO 200, shutter priority. The sky was quite overcast, which was a big plus for my lighting I had a little trouble with blown highlights until I dialed in -.7 EC. Next time I might try the Sigma for a variety in FLs, but I was pretty pleased with the 50mm. Most processing done in NX with a little skin smoothing in PSPX.

#1. She had wet her hair just prior to taking the shots I'm sure the damp weather wasn't helping either. I didn't have much luck getting rid of the frizzies without looking fake. 1/80, f/3.5
Name:  Josie leaves turn_5552 resized.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  311.4 KB

#2. It was raining lightly. If you look closely you can see the streaks of the raindrops. These shots are not in the shade, just the overcast sky. Facing west. 1/80, f/3.2
Name:  Josie leaves_5556 resized.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  301.7 KB

#3. The background is an old clubhouse, next to a wire fence. She's facing west and shaded by trees to camera right. (Please ignore the two blue fingernails ) 1/100, f/2 (adjusted SS was a mistake, I tried to stay at 1/80 for the FLxcrop factor)
Name:  Josie crop_5601 resized.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  305.6 KB

#4. She was standing in the doorway of an unlit shed, facing east. Next time I'll ask her not to wear black (so as to avoid the "floating head" appearance) but on the other hand, it may have made it easier to PP any lighter areas in the background. 1/100, f/4
Name:  Josie Shed_5577 resized.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  195.5 KB

#5. Here she was in the doorway of our house, facing west onto a porch with an overhanging roof. 1/80, f/2.5
Name:  Josie door_5572 resized.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  255.3 KB

#6. Here she was crouched in front of the clubhouse facing west, light coming in from rear left creating the backlighting. 1/100, f/1.8
Name:  Josie clubhouse_5588 resized.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  250.6 KB

Thanks for your input, if anyone would like the original RAWs, just PM me.