Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have tried to register a few times, have had no problems with my other lenses. I fill out the screen hit enter and I get a error message to call the number and hit 1 for support. The first time I was at work and didnt have the box or lens with me but all the paperwork, was advised to call back with lens and box. did so and thats when they said 831 doesn't appear to be sold yet, had me email them copy of the filled out online form, and scan receipt and serial number card, did so and have had no response yet.
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

Cool Where are your lenses?

Quote Originally Posted by dr4gon View Post
    Do you think I should be registering my Tamron lenses? Is there a certain time frame in which you have to do so? hmmm.... perhaps I should claim them as my own as far as Tamron is concerned.... I didn't realize Tamron has such a good (maybe faulty lol) control over which of their lenses get sold.

You know that little card with the serial on it? My 17-50 never came with one. I hope it's ok. The warranty card was included though, I think that has the serial somewhere on it, if not it's certainly on the sticker on the box.
    TAMRON's warranty policy (on their web site) states that as long you provide a copy of your store receipt with the lens, at the point of repair, they will honor the 6-year warranty. So, it's your call ... now or then. All I am sure of is that TAMRON knows where each of my serial numbers are, should something get ... lost or worse?
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Unhappy Infuriating paperwork!

Quote Originally Posted by seanhoxx View Post
    I have tried to register a few times, have had no problems with my other lenses. I fill out the screen hit enter and I get a error message to call the number and hit 1 for support. The first time I was at work and didnt have the box or lens with me but all the paperwork, was advised to call back with lens and box. did so and thats when they said 831 doesn't appear to be sold yet, had me email them copy of the filled out online form, and scan receipt and serial number card, did so and have had no response yet.

Sean,

I'll stop by the merchant, this weekend, and try to get this squared away with them. They were just the delivery point in all of this. There should not be a problem, because this lens was prepaid for and ordered straight from the TAMRON distribution office. You'd think they would know they sold it.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    TAMRON's warranty policy (on their web site) states that as long you provide a copy of your store receipt with the lens, at the point of repair, they will honor the 6-year warranty. So, it's your call ... now or then. All I am sure of is that TAMRON knows where each of my serial numbers are, should something get ... lost or worse?
    ok I can do that, but ACHK I just realized my lens from Amazon did NOT come with the warranty card. I checked my 70-300 and 17-50's and they aren't unique, so ..... I could use them if need be, but am still short.

So what, does Amazon fish all of these out? or am I just really unlucky, 0/2. But Don are you saying I just need the receipt and the lens? I guess I should probably email them.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

I will also swing by my office on saturday and double check as I was on another computer and not my laptop, make sure they didn't auto reply to that computers email. I don't think it is any problem from alpine at all I think its a glitch in the online form, or a info error in tamrons inventory control. Not excited or worried......................yet.

dr4gon you just need the receipt and the online form under the normal online way LOL then you print out your registration form and registration confirmation and mail that with a COPY of your purchase reciept, my other Tamrons went very smooth and easy. it is also handy if your stuff gets stolen and it's lucky enough to be recovered, independent positive record it's yours.

Quote Originally Posted by seanhoxx View Post
    dr4gon you just need the receipt and the online form under the normal online way LOL then you print out your registration form and registration confirmation and mail that with a COPY of your purchase reciept, my other Tamrons went very smooth and easy. it is also handy if your stuff gets stolen and it's lucky enough to be recovered, independent positive record it's yours.
    Thank you. I don't know why I'm worrying so much. We need to calm down.....

We'll use one of Frank's images to do so....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22083244@N06/2249242852/

Anyhow, thank you Sean! Saved the day! Now I can sleep and don't need to contact amazon. I'll get on registering the lenses this week.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

All this talk about registration I don't think I ever sent mine in. I will do it later. Good luck with the lenses guys.
    Frank
    Sony A77
    Sony A580
    Sony A 100
    Maxxum 400si.
    Sony 18-70 Kit Lens
    Minolta AF 35-70
    Minolta AF 50 f/1.7
    Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 Di LD
    Tamron 60mm Macro
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
    Tamron 2x Converter
    Sony HVL-F42AM
    Quantaray 70-300 4.5-5.6 Macro
    Slingshot 200 Bag

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22083244@N06/

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/sparkie1263/

You know frank peer pressure is amazing, it will only be a matter of time and YOU will surrender your cash to Tamron! Bet you can still get a three digit serial number, you know you want to do it, we want you to do it, Tamron wants you to do it, ALL the alpha users are buying it........................... LOL ok so how did I do, anyone ready for the grape kool aid?
    All in fun frank!

Sean, I stopped by Alpine, at lunch ... and they said they'd get this serial number SNAFU corrected on Monday.

flickr & Sdi