Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Frank,

most people struggle with indoor shots, so just understand it is in the learning. No one lights their home light like it is a sunny day. Hell, I have to fight to have a few lights on, during the day, as it is! Energy costs being what they are and all.

All I can tell ya is that high ISO is a good thing ... if you can limit the noise. If not, get a really good flash or two.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

I am working on it. There is sooo much to learn and remember. Good thing for digital. I have taken almost 11000 images since Xmas when I got my camera. What would that have cost with film and developing.
    Frank
    Sony A77
    Sony A580
    Sony A 100
    Maxxum 400si.
    Sony 18-70 Kit Lens
    Minolta AF 35-70
    Minolta AF 50 f/1.7
    Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 Di LD
    Tamron 60mm Macro
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
    Tamron 2x Converter
    Sony HVL-F42AM
    Quantaray 70-300 4.5-5.6 Macro
    Slingshot 200 Bag

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22083244@N06/

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/sparkie1263/

I have just broke the 2000 shot and have only had the camera in hand since what late july? about 300 shots a game for soccer 2 games a week, 50 shots a football game, adds up. and now with the 70-200 2.8 I can shoot the whole game, thank god it's almost end of season...........oh wait then its basketball and wrestling, boy talk about your crappy indoor lighting situations, been to a high school gym lately!!
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

Yeah ... they left that darn old blinding sun outside, eh?
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Thats why i live on top of a hill..lol

Hey, 'NUT ... where ya been? Welcome back to the forum!

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie1263 View Post
    I am working on it. There is sooo much to learn and remember. Good thing for digital. I have taken almost 11000 images since Xmas when I got my camera. What would that have cost with film and developing.
    Frank
    For cheaper film & developing I came up with close to $5,000.00 for film & 4X6 processing. Even if you include a $1200.00 pc plus a $300.00 printer & photo paper, you are still way ahead Just don't print everything. Only the better ones, because it's the ink that'll get ya
    Digital is great isn't it?
    Spook
    Canon EOS 50D,7D and some lens and equipment.
    Fuji F200 Exr

Digital has changed the who in photography. There are millions of new players because of P&S and cheaper DSLRs. Unfortunately ... things are going to come to a screeching halt because of the economic nightmare that presently looms ahead. Film costs are going to look like a joke in comparison. Someone has to pay for this debacle ... guess who? Even "free" is going to look expensive.

flickr & Sdi

Frank ... what has Hurricane "Kyle" brought you folks? Any cool images ... like houses stacked on one another? Is the old shack still there, or did the bay finally take it?

flickr & Sdi

We didn't get hit that hard. My shack is still there. I just stopped and took a few more last week. I can't drive by without stopping to get the perfect shot.LOL Last week I didn't have the camera and there was a turkey buzzard sitting on the roof. Go figure the one day I didn't have the camera.
    Frank
    Sony A77
    Sony A580
    Sony A 100
    Maxxum 400si.
    Sony 18-70 Kit Lens
    Minolta AF 35-70
    Minolta AF 50 f/1.7
    Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 Di LD
    Tamron 60mm Macro
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
    Tamron 2x Converter