Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't use the viewfinder (I wear glasses and it's a PITA for me). It's very clear in the LCD that it's that blue. The only filter I use that I have to compose and focus BEFORE I attach it is my infrared filter.

Rhys, Hoya makes front threaded ones. I'm pretty sure my Quantaray is front threaded too.

...Thanx, ill have to have a playaround.

BTW, Does anyone know the ideal settings on manual to take a sunrise? Is a polariser worth using for a sunrise?
    Here`s my full question...

http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4216

Thanx guys.

Tc

Slr

Yes, with SLR what you see is what you get (except where flash and long exposures are involved). Also, one of the benefits of DSLR is the photo enhancing posibilities therefore I suppose a polarising filter would be rendered somewhat unnecessary.

Just one thing, Jessops own brand is not a good option when buying lenses/converter/filters. I would never use less than Hoya quality for my filters, although quite expensive (around 70 for a 62mm circular polarising filter)

Actually Jessops own brand is a good option!!! At over half the price you quoted, Jessops is a great option for those not as well-off as you! lol
    The particular filter in question also scored highly in a recent review.

Tc

TC, I don't consider myself to be wealthy just because I spend 30 more for a filter, however I'd never compromise quality for the sake of just 30 especially when I expect it'll probably last you a good few years.

In any case you can pick them up off e-bay for the same price or cheaper than from Jessops
    Sony IP55E (Digital VCR)
    Canon T90:
    Canon FD 50mm f/1.8, Canon FD 35-70mm f/3.5, Canon FD 100-300mm f/4
    Canon Speedlite 300TL
    Slik Black Diamond tripod
    Manfrotto Monopod 682B
    Tamrac Pro8 kit bag