Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

How will i know a lens will work on my S2?

If i search Canon S2 on e-bay it comes back with lots of accessories for this camera but ive seen a few use other telephoto lenses for the S2 that do not come back in the search. If i search 52mm or 58mm telephoto i see some NICE lenses like a sony 2X but how will i know what works?

Im still kinda new to all this but i know i want more zoom and i know that glass is important.

I already have the 52 and 58mm adapters so what ever will work in that size i have an adapter for.

One thing i notice is there is a guy selling a little 2 lens kit, one is a 2X tele and one is like a .47 wide angle or somthing. In his e-bay store he has the same lenses for a sony cybershot that is $30. less for the kit. Why is that? are they the same lenses but with a different adapter?

If they are the same thing i could just ditch the adapter and use what i have.
    Last edited by BowerR64; 03-18-2006 at 12:19 PM.

Here is where you go - no ifs ands or buts.

www.lensmate.com

Ciao!!
    Canon S2 w Raynox DCR1540PRO 1.54X Teleconverter
    Hoya UV, Hoya Polarizer on Lensmate Attachments
    Tamrac 5683 with Tamrac SAS Med Lens Case

Why did you decide on the Raynox DCR1540PRO 1.54X? why not the 2.0?

Remember that the camera is designed to work with the 1.5X lens - you do have to activate the camera to do so. So it makes sense that the 2020 lens would have issues and it does.

Read the Lensmate website. Susan specifically tested the 2020 and found it to be lacking. Trust her judgment, she is very competent.
    Canon S2 w Raynox DCR1540PRO 1.54X Teleconverter
    Hoya UV, Hoya Polarizer on Lensmate Attachments
    Tamrac 5683 with Tamrac SAS Med Lens Case

On the raynox lens it looks like there are pinch grips? are these just for looks or can you adjust the lens?

This is one thing i dont understand, why dont the converter lenses have any adjustments? If they could be tweaked a little maybe they would work for more then just one camera. If there were little thumb screws you could slide the sections apart and create a longer or shorter focal length for the different cameras. Or does it even matter?