Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

z612 compatability issue

Hello, new to this forum, but I have a Kodak z612 and I'm delightfully happy with it and it's CRAZY zoom. HOWEVER when I plug it into my computer I can only access it through the easyshare software, I can't use windows explorer. I know it isn't the camera, because I can use explorer on other people's computers with this camera, but I HATE the easyshare software. There has to be some way to reset the settings or something less drastic to get back to using windows explorer. Please help!

I'm not familiar with the Kodak software but you can buy a $10 USB card reader and remove the camera from the equation.

I have a card reader that connects to my motherboard, but I could never figure out how to install it because I can't find the small usb inpput on the motherboard. BUT I should be able to use this on my computer just like I can on any other computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    BUT I should be able to use this on my computer just like I can on any other computer.
    Yes, you should. BUT, do you want to bang your head against the wall or simply go around the problem?

Alright then, thanks. I suppose I'll CONTINUE to look online for install instructions for my motherboard so I can find the input for the damn reader.

These problems tend to be hard to diagnose over the internet, so they're frustrating for all involved. A card reader tends to remove the worst part of the problem from the equation. I hope you can find the solution to plugging your camera into the computer, but if you don't a card reader will solve your problem in 10 minutes.

If you are using Micro$oft Windows XP operating system (Home or Professional) make sure that you have Service Pack 2 installed. Without it many USB devices don't function properly when connected to the computer.

If you have XP+SP2 you can try installing latest Service Pack 3.

Make sure that you have Windows Update feature enabled, it will download and install all critical system updates.
    Last edited by S_p_i_d_e_r; 09-23-2008 at 12:23 PM.
    Cheers,
    Jacek

I have LBA and CBA for Pentax models not even announced!

In all the world none can compare to this tiny weaver
    His deadly cloth so silky and fair

Best thing to do is, remove the easyhare software from your computer go to

www.kodak.com/go/clear

If you are using a KODAK printer and need those drivers let me know and I'll post a way to keep the drivers and not have to use the easyhshare software for your pictures, or you can listen to these guys untill they have you buying a new car to solve the fact that you do not like the kodak easyshare software
    Last edited by sw2cam; 09-23-2008 at 08:19 PM.
    sw2cam

Spider, I'd heard about some issues with SP3, so I've held off on downloading it. But if you think that it's a problem with my SP2 for some reason, then it's worth a try, I mean I can always use a system restore to remove SP3 anyway if it doesn't make anything better.

And I'm removing easyshare, thank you sw2cam. originally installed it because of this problem starting though. It became the only way to access my camera's photos. If this doesn't fix things up, I'll post and ask for more advice. Thanks guys.

I have SP3 installed and had no problems with it so far. But it is uninstallable so you can try it when all other measures fail to work.
    Cheers,
    Jacek

I have LBA and CBA for Pentax models not even announced!

In all the world none can compare to this tiny weaver
    His deadly cloth so silky and fair