Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    No, I get a "return tag" via email from them, because of the warranty. It is costing them for this foolishness.

Look, all I want is my camera working, again. Unfortunately, this is one of the most critical controls in the entire unit. Sure, you could probably find a work around ... but after experiencing it all Christmas long ... that just sucks! This is one area of the camera that needs to be tough and durable, as it gets more use than even the shutter does, as you "chimp" your shots and set your aperture/speed (depending how you have the controls set up).

Anyway ... its going back, tomorrow, for another tour in Connecticut. It'd be nice if someone there just called and followed up, if they can't find the problem. I might be able to talk them through it.

Honestly, I cannot see how they are missing it. It's almost agonizing to use.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Nope, the tech won't see it. Don, your instruction don't say "REMOVE THIS STICKER FIRST"

Just a slight correction, my favourite lens is the 28-135mm f4/4.5 (90% use).

this is unbelievable bad luck. i feel for you mate. hope it gets fixed up soon.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    this is unbelievable bad luck.
    You're right, Rooz ... I actually expected someone to do their job. Not in this day and age ... too busy worrying about the mortgage they have to concentrate of doing their job.

Cynical? Hardly ... after three tries ... it's just getting old. Thoroughness is what solves these things ... and that's just not in the cards, I guess. SIGH
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

So Don it's to bad your camera doesnt have some good shots to share with you, it's been 'on tour' now how long? It's got to get off the local / regional line up and get a national tour going, you said something about Texas!
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

Red face Not Texas!

Texas is a place of last resort ... I'm giving Connecticut (Precision Camera) one more shot at this. I have my suspicions, as you well know. But, hey ... the camera is on the way!

You may be right, though, perhaps I should have put it on timed-shutter release, cut a hole in the side of the shipping container and just let it run it's course, every ten minutes, along the way. Who knows what I'd get? I'm sure a lot of darkness, until they started throwing the box from one end of the shipping concourse to the other, eh? Talk about airborne! I've witnessed these clowns unloading the trucks, from the nearby airport ... and I am really surprised much survives these gorillas. Thrown overhand for thirty feet! (shaking head)

Anyway, I packed it well ... they'd have to crush it pretty good to make a dent. Remember that guy that shipped himself to Texas, instead of buying a ticket?

Name:  humanshipping.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  168.5 KB

It was a while back. In these temperatures ... he'd have frozen to death waiting to get loaded on the tarmac.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-16-2009 at 02:04 PM.

flickr & Sdi

lmao, is that what he used? ROFL....
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

sry to hear don. why dont you just drive there punch the tech and get his head out of his ass
    Sony A350
    Sony 18-250mm Lens
    Sony 50mm f1.4
    F42AM flash

It may be coming from someone other than the poor schmuck getting stuck with my camera.

flickr & Sdi

Just if you wanted to know a little of what goes into assembling an A700 ... this little flash effort from SONY (<- click here)

flickr & Sdi