Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Lightbulb EOS 5DMkII vs A900

An opinion ...

"Oh dear me, how will I now make a movie, as I only have my DSLR?"

Oh, let me run out and grab an EOS 5DMkII.

You know, it is funny. I never even thought about asking myself that question. When I wanted to make a movie, I actually got a real MOVIE CAMERA, one designed for that specific purpose, not some hybrid, manual focus SLR.

I am so out-of-step. Sorry. I saw Live-view as pretty much too much, so where's that leave this addition?

Well, maybe this will trigger a reduction in the SONY A900's current cost, because they way things are priced, anything ... and I mean ANYTHING would help, at this point. A silver-lining to a very dark cloud.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 09-18-2008 at 03:28 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

The ability to shoot HD video with a 50/1.4 prime or L-series lens looks like a nice idea. Nikon D90 was first, now Canon joins the run. I think that despite you don't like it, many future DSLRs will have movie mode as it's a big selling point.
    Cheers,
    Jacek

I have LBA and CBA for Pentax models not even announced!

In all the world none can compare to this tiny weaver
    His deadly cloth so silky and fair

Don wont recognise movie mode until sony includes it. then it will be the bees knees. just like some die hard canon guys rejected it on the d90 until it came out in the 5DMkII...then all of a sudne...lol

movie mode or not, the d90 and MkII are very mpressive in their own right.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Nah, I just want a great, affordable cmos LOW NOISE, ANTI-SHAKE SENSORED CAMERA.

Nothing weird ... that's what I want to pay for ... not cinematography nonsense. Give me what I asked for. Let the kids buy the snappy technologically tricky stuff. I do not want it my full frame. Let's make that quite clear.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

you wont have a choice. movie mode is here to stay. end of story. maybe go back to film ? lol
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

I suppose that is an option ... but first, let's reduce some prices, shall we?

SONY could endear the "pros" by not following this rather stupid trend, too, where you stuff all sorts of gadgety junk technology in a camera and say it is "better?"

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    rather stupid trend, too, where you stuff all sorts of gadgety junk technology in a camera and say it is "better?"
    Remember that image stabilisation was a gadget back then and now is standard feature. Now it seems that Live View and movie mode are becoming standard feature. And wait a while and you'll see new Canon 5D MkIIIfd (fd standing for face detection).
    Cheers,
    Jacek

Unhappy Not in my rig ...

Look ... here is where the movie camera should stay ... not in my DSLR body. Thank you.

SONY HDR-CX12
    Name:  HDR-CX12.JPG
Views: 287
Size:  18.1 KB

Canon HV20
    Name:  HV20.JPG
Views: 283
Size:  19.7 KB

I'm telling you, I DO NOT need a junk-filled camera body. K-I-S-S! End of story!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 09-18-2008 at 05:05 PM.

flickr & Sdi

I bet both of these camcorders can shoot stills
    Cheers,
    Jacek

That is not my concern ... I want my DSLR to remain that way.

flickr & Sdi