Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HDR of the Moon

Is Ver4 availabale to download again, I know the backdoor got shut, but I havent got a email or anything about upgrades? Don so a 0.3 step and a 0.7 step would = a full 1 step, so a bracket of 3 shots at 0.3 and a bracket of 3 at 0.7 steps would give you 6 shots to choose from and or layer for a overall of 1 woud that work? be way to complex? and I guess motion blur and positional shift would ruin it. just trying to get my head around some HDR concepts.
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by seanhoxx View Post
    but it is fun to learn, just got to do it till you get it right, and then practice, practice, and ask Don for advice!
    Sean
    Yes, I need lots of practices and consult the Man!

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    I put my settings up, 'oric1' ... right under the image as EXIF Data.EV
    Oops sorry, I missed that one

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Remember: the moon is moving fast and if you do not get these three exposures (-EV, EV, +EV) in under one
    second
    , you may encounter blur when you try to create/reconcile your
    Under 1 sec? Wow, that's stressful

Well, you need to know that there are two new +/- 2EV settings, in bracketing (with the new version), one is "single-shot" and the other is "continuous", where you hold down the release (you do use a wired release on your tripod shots, right? RIGHT?)

Anyway, you hold down the shutter-release button and it fires off three shots, one right after the other, under ... yep, in under 1-second ... unless your base shutter-speed is much slower. In the case of the "moonshot", you have a 1/250th shot, a 1/1000th shot and finally the 1/60th. All under 1 second. RIGHT?

It really does the job ... as witnessed by my submitted initial image.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Speaking of wired release I just got my $4.00 and change one direct from Hong Kong with no shipping LOL sweet, its a wayyyyyyyy off brand from deal extreme, several of the folks over at DPreview got them and said worked fine......we shall see

here is the link if anyone ones to check it out, ordered it on 08/30/08 got it yesterday 09/16/08 credit card NOT charged till the day it shipped.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8159
    Last edited by seanhoxx; 09-17-2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: added info.
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

They work

my first one broke after like a month.... found out when I was setting up for fireworks, which sucked!

my second one, the plug was backwards, so I had to cut a notch to make it correct and fit, and now it doesn't focus half way (not that I can tell), but does take the picture. So in manual focus it's not a problem for astro pics, and for regular pictures, I use the hand or eye start AF to focus it and then snap away!

I got the same brand, but on ebay.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Thumbs up Very nice shots Don......

Those look great. Thanks for sharing those!!

The cool front which followed Ike really made for some good weather for taking night shots earlier this week!!

re.ac.tor
    Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H50, Sony MVC-CD300