Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

A700 version 4 firmware!

Maurizio over at the SonyDslr forums at dpreview found a new firmware for the a700, High ISO NR OFF and new bracketing setting.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=29242400

http: //support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/download/DSLR/DSCA700v04.exe

Paste into address bar, remove the space before // and hit enter/return

PFFT, where's my new Sony A300/A350 firmware!?
    Oh well

Thanks for the announcement though.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

I've got it installled ... it does add the "OFF" selection to the "High" "Normal" and "Low", which was a criticism ... LAST YEAR!

And HDRs will be a lot easier with the 2EV bracketing option, another criticism from the intro, last year. 0.7 just didn't do much, in that regard.

Way to fix 'er up, dudes!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 09-08-2008 at 02:00 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

I would love at least 1EV bracketing. I don't know what they were thinking.... HDR with 2.0 would be even better! These things are so basic. I hate it when companies get lazy like this (*cough* creative....*cough*)
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

The A700 is THE camera. It is a struggle to cough up the cash for one, I am well aware, but there is bang for the buck ... and it does deliver. What can I say ... it's the pearl in the oyster.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi